Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While I have the ability to do simple things, I am not a fabricator. I can't weld up subframes, So I can't just toss IFS & IRS onto any vehicle with whats currently available to me. Without the IFS/IRS I'd have to redesign the concept to work in a new way. I also don't have a electric motor or a control system yet, but have contacted UQM & YASA about donation of equipment. All I have right now are the electric generator and the enhance power generation system, that is the heart of the vehicle, and the cooling system which pumps through the heart. Everything else is designed around those two sub systems.
Aaron Coach
Founder & CEO

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 04-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Addict/No Cure
 
cleanspeed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 787

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Thanks: 130
Thanked 74 Times in 49 Posts
OK, there are plenty of cars that are like that already, and if anything adapt the technology to something simple at first then scale up. If you look at the Forkenswift and some of the other budget electric cars that have been built here, they can act as a guide to doing the electric part on a budget. Paul and Sabrina's budget open source controller is here also, plus there are a lot of used controllers that can be used as a base for bigger project.

You have to build something if you want to get buzz. You don't know how to weld and fabricate, it's about time that you did if you want to keep your costs down. The less that you farm out, the better control you have over the design.
__________________
Volvo WIA42 VED-12 / 335 hp / 1300 ft/lbs / 9 mpg

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I wasn't part of the MassChallenge event/competition I would do exactly that. But I'll know in about a week if we move on to round two, If I do then I don't need to redesign anything because we will have what amounts to a corporate sponsor to fund prototypes. Unfortunately, despite the over 400 views my threads on 3 sites have gotten, Not one single person has voted for me with the links provided.
Even if only 1/10th that looked voted, I'd be in 1st place in my category of clean energy tech, as far as the 10% from public votes.
Thats right public votes are only 10% of overall. Industry judges and volunteers make up the other 90%.
If R Technology doesn't proceeds to round 2, or round 3 if we do proceed to round 2, then I won't have a choice but to redesign everything.
Aaron Coach
Founder & CEO
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have learned of other conversion companies that I just don't think I could compete with, I.E. Eaton. So instead my entry into MassChallenge will now be about developing the systems I originally made for my own personal use, for use in commercial vehicles instead of providing conversions myself. Hopeful the technology will trickle down into the consumer market eventually. Research what Audi, Toyota and U.S. MILITARY are doing with hybrid ICE-electrcic transmission systems, without batteries! I get all the stuff about thinking things are a scam, But I never ask for money so I don't get why proponents of this technology utterly dismiss an idea without researching said idea first.
Aaron Coach
Founder & CEO
R Technology: Reuse.Repurpose.Retrofit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Diesel Addict/No Cure
 
cleanspeed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 787

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Thanks: 130
Thanked 74 Times in 49 Posts
There is a thread that is going on right now from bennelson about an open source, DIY plug-in hybrid. Take a look.

__________________
Volvo WIA42 VED-12 / 335 hp / 1300 ft/lbs / 9 mpg

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com