Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
There are foam plastics with the density of balsa wood, and wood has a broad range of qualities. A master carpenter will know when to choose Larch over Hickory

Compare the jigsaw to a Japanese saw and consider a hand drill press you strap the cordless saw into.

Happy to help. Good luck.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I might need a few curved cuts which im not entirely sure if the that saw will allow for consistency? Also would have to buy one I have everything else on hand already
Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I havent cleared out my laptop , gotten a mouse , or anything yet , only doodled some with a 2d physics program. I made a working model , hard to do with the program but its easy to use just takes more time positioning and tweaking.. and theres also the fact that the program isnt completely accurate , sometimes the materials miss each other , like pass through instead of contact.... blehh....

So my first working model I realized that my power input the way it was supplied did not translate into a real working model , it would work if the crank was turned , but if the pistons were moved it would freespin some.

So back to the drawing board , I realized why not use a seperate model to simulate piston force , *crankshaft and electric motor* although it gives constant torque even on upstroke , I can negate that aspect by assuming a multicylinder engine.

So after doing that , I got a new working model just need to fine tune everything get specs so can work smoothly and not intermittently. Then i will be moving onto real life prototype after seeing if things can be simplified or improved on even more.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
I saw this somewhere the other day:

"To double your success rate, triple your failure rate."
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

so in theory we are wrong ATLEAST 33% of the time
Old 01-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Well the "pos" program I used that I made a 2d model of would pass materials through each other in the program unless speed conditions were ideal. Lousy program , but it did show me that the model works. I just could not get any ideal tolerances and interactions between objects but I was still able to make a model that did exactly what I wanted it to do , be it without being able to variable speed to see it operate at a wide range and get accurate data..

So I need to move to a program where I can make a better model , after i spent forever learning how to use the program and make it... Then still make a working mini prototype without going broke and get some real world tests.

Reply  Post New Thread