Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

El Camrino - '90 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.47 mpg (US)
I ordered one a few minutes ago. I'll try and remember to post if I actually get one.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-31-2008, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The Civic - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 37.05 mpg (US)
done!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
VIVA LA MPG RESISTANCE

Meat-roll - '97 Geo Metro
Team Metro
90 day: 55.4 mpg (US)

Wife's Brruik - '03 Buick Century
90 day: 30.84 mpg (US)

Blue Balt - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
Team Chevy
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago... Nothing yet.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
"saving fuel is NEVER worth risking an accident"
I like that statement.
while driving to save gas, I always watch the traffic around me
to be sure that anything I do is safe.
Yesterday we were behind a car that came up on a 'hypermiler' that was coming off an exit from the highway,
At 65 mph they closed in on our 'friend' doing about 30, very fast.
Fortunately the ramp was wide enough to pass (barely),
and we all got by,
but that was a very bad and dangerous method to say gas.
The car had cardboard skirts and some writing on it bragging about the great mileage,
but that would have been for naught, if he was crushed by that much bigger car going much faster.
Please . .
Save gas - wisely !
I agree that we all need to be safe with out actions, but it doesn't matter if you are driving 35 mph or 75 mph there are always going to be others on the roads to make them unsafe. As a general rule I drive about 50 mph around home on local trips and that is a fairly safe speed for the quality and condition of most of the roads I drive on, but almost every day I will have idiots to pass me in no passing zones simply because they are in too much of a hurry to wait for a passing zone where it is safe to pass. Lots of times when they pass you can't even see a 1/4 mile down the road. I don't think I should speed up 5 mph to be going the speed limit when I think I am driving a safe speed for the condition of the roads. Most of the time when I am driving on interstates I drive in the right lane at 55 mph and even on sections that are 4-5 lanes in each direction I will have people blowing at me rather than switching lanes and going on. If these people are so dumb they don't know how to switch lanes then they don't need to be driving and can just follow me at the speed I want to drive at. Call me a hard @$$, but that is just the way I feel about many drivers. My 17 year old son has only been driving about a year and is much safer than many out there that have been driving 25-30 years. If he sees a condition and he doesn't know whether it is safe or not he doesn't take a chance on getting himself hurt/killed or hurting/killing someone else.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Regarding the Free Decal from the Hypermiling Safety Foundation

Greetings,

First we'd like to thank all the forum members who have ordered one of our free safety decals.

If you have ordered one, please be aware of the following:

We have pulled the old decal and are printing a new one. The new one looks like this:

We received a lot of feedback about the original tag line "Lawful Hypermiling". Much of that feedback was negative (a lot of hypermilers thought it implied that it meant that there were also "Un-Lawful Hypermilers"). We didn't want to argue that fact, so we took advantage of the opportunity to create a better, more widely acceptable tag line (Smart - Safe - Lawful). We at the Safety Foundation are actually happy about the change. The downside is that we are re-printing the decals right now and they aren't due to be delivered to our offices until the second week of September.

We want everyone who has ordered a decal to know that as soon as the new decals arrive, we will mail them out to their recipients. We appreciate everyone's patience, and more importantly, everyone's embracing of the tenets that we are promoting along with your support of how we're going about it.

If you have not yet ordered a free decal, please do so soon. We probably can't afford to give away these expensive decals for free forever.

You can order your free Hypermiling Safety decal at: Lawful Hypermiling - Free Safety Decal Order Page

Thank you again, and safe driving to all.

Regards,
The board of the Hypermiling Safety Foundation
http://www.HypermilingFoundation.org

Last edited by GoodPress4Hypermiling; 09-01-2008 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: Clarification and neatness
Reply  Post New Thread