Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ford Focus - '12 Ford Focus 5 Dr - SE
90 day: 37.36 mpg (US)
Fs - 1990 Honda CRX HF

Don't have pics. It is currently covered with snow. I'll try to clean it off this weekend. It runs outstanding. I purchased it a couple months ago. Fixed it up. New suspension bushings (standard rubber type not the poly stuff that squeaks) New front wheel bearings. Rebuilt the front calipers and new pads. Just replaced the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, wires, PCV and PCV hoses, new windshield and valve stem seals. Most of the parts were from Honda. Runs great. New tires too (85k mile Yokohamas). The tires are the wrong size for the HF. They are 185/60-14 on steel wheels with Honda wheels covers from about a 1999 civic; the 6 spoke ones. CRX is red with black interior. I had been getting high 30's to low 40's when I was driving it. It currently has 162k miles. I was driving it nearly everyday. Then found a heck of a deal on a 2006 civic. Wanted something a little more comfortable and safe. The interior is in good shape except the drivers seat is poor. There is a guy on the west coast that sells copies of the original seat covers. They look like original and the price is good @ 165.00. You just have to disassemble the seats and take the old covers off, put the new on. Body is in good shape for the year. A little rust around the rear wheels. Undercarriage is very clean. Car is giving a ELD error. It requires the replacement of the fuse box on the passenger side fender. The ELD senses electric load. And "turns on" the alternator (it is more complicated than that but for people that don't know that is the easiest way to explain it). The ELD help save fuel by creating less load on the engine when charging is not necessary. I suspect that is why the mileage is not quite where it should be for a HF model. Fuse boxes are about $25 on ebay. Other than the seat and ELD issue the car is great. Neither item keeps the car from running well. I would drive it any where. Asking $2900.00. Have a bunch of money in the CRX. I fixed it up so I could keep and drive it for a long time. I have a 150 mile commute per day. Then the realization I have two small children. I cannot carry them in the CRX and if I am in an accident I need to have better survivability than the CRX provides. I drive on roads surrounded with deer. Plus, I want to stream down to one car-the 2006 Civic is it. Email me and I will send pics ASAP.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

How do the rocker panels look?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sorry for the delay. Well, they have the black covers over them. But, when I am under the car it is real clean. I know the CRX will rust however this one is in fairly good shape underneath. Busy weekend. I did not get to uncovering the car or picture taking. I will try to do it this weekend. I am not near it during the week. I will try to take pics of the undercarriage too. Like I said I planned on driving the car for a couple years. I will put about 40k per year on what ever I drive just driving to work. I was expecting the CRX to last 4 years. Or, up to 300k. I have no doubt it would last that long.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Even in excellent condition the value of this car is worth 1200 tops. Good to know your keeping another crx on the road though!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Nden Send a message via Yahoo to Nden
ya ur WAY up on that price, especially for out in the boonies for somebody in socal to drive up and even check it out. with it being harder to find in mind, most i'd offer is $1600 if it has a/c installed - working or not.

http://www.deantaber.com
Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Boonies? I live about 1 hour from the largest city in Ohio. Or, about 1.5 hours from the second largest city in Ohio. I do not understand the boonies comment. I understand that flying to Central Ohio and driving back to San Diego is not cost efficient for a 20 year old car. Did you ever hear the saying if you do not have anything nice to say then do not say anything at all? If you were really interested in buying it even for 1600 I think a PM would have been much more appropriate. I have a bunch in it. I have done a bunch to it. Runs EXTREMELY well. If I do not get what I need/want I will drive it. I like my 06 civic as far as comfort and safety much better. But, if I can get the mileage up to the high 40's I will drive the CRX when I can to save more $$. If Egypt falls to extremist and the Suez Canal is closed we are all gonna want a 40+ mpg car real fast. Remember what Metros were going for when gas was $4/gallon? I'll hedge my bets. I am not out anything at this time. In Central Ohio a $1500 CRX is in poor condition. SoCal doesn't have the salt we do. So, unless we(midwest) are willing to go get one from the south or out west we are stuck with rust buckets. Mine is not perfect. But, far better than most. A guy local offered me $2500 before I bought the 06 Civic. I turned him down as I didn't want to sell it at the time. I don't really care if it sells now. I might get a Civic VX motor for it. Then I can get 50-60mpg. Still not sure what I am going to do. Thanks for your interest though....I think.

Last edited by z3pilot99; 02-07-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

pics?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

pilot where do you live? I live in Dayton, Ohio. The typical CRX here goes for 1200 (most of the time alot less) in good condition. maybe 1800 in perfect condition. And over 2000 for anyone who is not interested in selling their car. I have a 90 red HF and I paid 750 for it with nothing wrong, except it had alittle rust on the Q panels. I put gas in it and 4 new tires and it gets 54 mpg highway. 48 city with 260k original on engine and trans. There is a guy I know in Vandalia north of I 70 who is selling 3 CRX HF's he claims are all pristine no rust condition. He wants between 3000-4000 for each one. Guess how long he has been trying to sell? For over 5 years, and they are slowly rotting out over his lawn. So the best thing you can do is keep driving that thing.
If you want better gas mileage out of your hf I recommend to get 155/80/13 tires. I put those on my car and instantly got 3-4mpg better on highway.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
crx, crx hf