Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2023, 09:23 AM   #91 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Had such a cartel actually existed, instead of NOx regulations, I guess it would make the case for Diesel swaps becoming a thing for the average Joe, instead of just getting another small-block V8 crate engine (or a reconditionet one) to replace a worn-out one.

I rather work on a gasoline engine, there is SO many ways to improve them, a diesel is fairly dialed in.

Rich

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-07-2023, 09:24 AM   #92 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

NEW NEWS:

So here is some proof of how fuel vaporization matters…

A 33% improvement just running the winter bland gasoline which has a more ability to vaporized easier.

“In winter, gasoline blends have a higher Reid vapor pressure, meaning they evaporate more easily and allow gasoline to ignite more easily to start your car in cold temperatures.” https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-b...blend-gasoline

The change from 15MPG to 20MPG is 5 MPG improvement, that is .33% improvement, that is a major change.

I discovered this when I took the Explorer up to road speed, which is 75MPH posted and of course I was running along with traffic at 80MPH.

And on a scan of all my gauges I saw what seemed impossible, she was doing 22MPG: 22MPG at 80MPH…this did not stay 22 as load as other things acted on the SUV but it stayed at 19 to 21 all the way back to home…even when I kicked in the A/C. This was a drive of about 9 miles.

I took her out again the next day and it was still reading 18/20MPG at 70/80MPH….this does not compute.

All summer long she was reading 50MPH = 28/32MPG, 65MPH = 18MPG, 80MPH = 15/16MPG.

So this morning at 3PM I woke and wanted to test her a fully as I can….so first thing I checked was my scan gauge II was still set for a 4.6 engine… I thought it might had reset its self to different engine size. It had not, it still reads a 4.6.

So up on the freeway and ran normally until all was warmed up, then began testing on the return leg of the trip…

50MPH = 29/30MPG, 60MPH = 22/23MPG, 70MPH = 21/23MPG 75MPH = 21/23MPG even 80MPH was showing 20+MPG WTF!!!???

The really odd thing is my 50MPH reading of 29/32MPG is the normal reading I have been getting, it is the readouts for above 60 that are off….the 10MPG drop at around 60MPH seems to have disappeared somehow.
Old 12-14-2023, 08:33 PM   #93 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
I rather work on a gasoline engine, there is SO many ways to improve them
Either improve, or keep them running with some makeshift fix. No wonder I see some cars from Argentina which got the EFI replaced with a carburettor once some electronics started to fail.

Reply  Post New Thread