Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #61 (permalink)
Camry MPG Modder

Camry CE - '00 Toyota Camry CE
90 day: 36.18 mpg (US)
New method Pizza Pan Attachment Idea... Feedback!?

Its getting colder and MPG is dropping...

Nites its getting down into the high 40's to mid 50's with 70's during the day. Full moon hupcaps all GONE and perhaps "winter" gasoline.
Last tank was down, approx 635 miles and only 33.6.

Time for the Pizza Pans!

Going to do the tubing around the perimeter like weather spotter but
thinking about using 3/8 bungee cord to attach.

How?

Hole thru center of pan. Knot at end of bungee. Run bungee thru center hole in pan (hole line with plastic plug used when doing electrically work). Make small loop in bungee tight up against inside of pan. Attach 3 lengths of bungee cord to loop and run thru to hole in rim and hook to existing holes in rim.

This would keep constant tension on pans, 3/8 bungee is inexpensive, durable, easy to work with. Down side is to to install or remove will need to crawl under car to unhook bungees. As my over size tires gave me 1.2 additional inches of clearance back wheels easy access, front wheels easy at full lock either direction. Danger too tight bungee could cause pan to collapse inward. May need to add a Center back support btw center of pan and center of wheel. Would make that out of paper towel roll filled with dense sprayed foam insulation.

Pete

Last edited by pgmomni; 09-25-2010 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: typos
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #62 (permalink)
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
I would try one pan with the bungee cord first, if it works great! If not then you are not out much This is what I did with my pizza pans and it turned out to be a good thing.

With the tubing, use epoxy to hold it onto the pans, mine would stay on ok by themselves but the pizza pan held the back side almost tight to the rim. Even then after about 1000 miles they started coming loose. Hot glue only helped a little. Epoxy is working much better.

Good luck!