Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2014, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hello from Poland

Hello

Well, it's my second post...should be first. Anyways - I am from Poland, and i found this forum when looking for some help.

I am not eco-car enthusiast for sure - I love big engines and american cars. I own '90 Buick Skylark with 3.3 V6 engine. But eco-drving is one of things that i should think about, because of petrol pirces in my country, that combined with not so good MPG in my Buick make me drive it less, and less, and less...

And again - sorry for my english! I wish that You will correct my mistakes.

Cheers!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt94 View Post
Hello

Well, it's my second post...should be first. Anyways - I am from Poland, and i found this forum when looking for some help.

I am not eco-car enthusiast for sure - I love big engines and american cars. I own '90 Buick Skylark with 3.3 V6 engine. But eco-drving is one of things that i should think about, because of petrol pirces in my country, that combined with not so good MPG in my Buick make me drive it less, and less, and less...

And again - sorry for my english! I wish that You will correct my mistakes.

Cheers!
Welcome.

Some guys on here drive huge Cummins trucks with 6 liter turbos, so you're on the middle sized range of engines for ecomodders... but if you want a "new" car to mod-out for fuel economy, check out the Lupo 3L or Audi 3L. A guy on here living in Finland did an amazing mod project with one of those: http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post251416

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi!

Funny - exactly this one red Skylark, wchich photo You added, belongs to my female friend, who lives few kilometeres from me!

I always say that my engine is small. Comparing to typical AmCars it is not a lie
But I had no idea, that I'll find here Cummins-boys! It's time to check out their toys.

Right now I have no chance to buy second car, wchich I will use daily. But when it happens, I will surely heavily start to think about my campaign for every dash of petrol. It may be some kind of fun, I think, because as I know - eco-driving doesn't equal non-dynamic-driving!

From today I am starting to take care of fuel consumption in my Buick. Hmmm, I think I will stay here longer than I excepted!

I checked out first page of the topic about Lupo and I have to admit - it was schocking for me... The car wchich accelerates as fast as mine while having so high MPG.
I still say that "there is nothing better than more cubic centimeters" (passion - You can't handle this, it's like an addiction ) BUT - I totally respect the work he did on this car!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Sure it's a nice ride. Anyway, assuming that you wouldn't be willing to get so hardcore into aero mods, engine tuning, or interior stripping for weight savings, improving your eco-driving skills and paying more attention to some items such as tyre pressure is what may make a greater difference regarding your fuel savings.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yep, I surely won't make any areo-mods, I want my ride to look smooth and clean.

I've already thrown out all the junk I used to store in my trunk. Now it's time to, as You said, control tire pressure. But what I have to really do is to change fuel injectors... mine are really worn out.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
I guess your engine is not OBD2-compliant, and fitted with a TBI. Have you never considered to upgrade it to MPFI?

Reply  Post New Thread