Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Help with Audi Injector wire?(Not Audi specific?)

I know which wires are which, but I'm not sure which of them I'm supposed to be tapping into, so this question shouldn't be so model specific (1998 A4 2.8qm)...

I've read that I should be tapping into the wire that reads 0v when the engine is off, and I've seen some other suggestions for other arrangements that don't seem to apply here, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

Looking at the ECU/ECM wiring schematics in my bentley manual, there are many levels of wiring that I could tap into:

-"Level 1" Would mean tapping into one of the 6 apparent leads between the ECU and the ECM.
-"Level 2" Would mean tapping into one of the six leads from the ECM to the injectors themselves.
-"Level 3" (What I hope is it) Would mean tapping into the lead connecting all 6 injectors, the wiring harness (over fuse 229, apparently), and the ECU.

Which level should I tap into? With engine off, I can find 0v on leads at each level...

Also, I realize that finding the lead that measures 0v is my objective, but at the moment I don't know which lead measuring 0v to use.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I would go for the one near the ecu just to keep it indoors.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
You want to connect to one of the leads that are connected to the injector. It *may* read 0 volts when unplugged from the injector but with the ignition on and the engine off. For your sequential injection engine, it should not be the common injector lead.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
SuperMID designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by secmil View Post
-"Level 1" Would mean tapping into one of the 6 apparent leads between the ECU and the ECM.
I don't know this one, but it's not our target, I believe.
Quote:
-"Level 2" Would mean tapping into one of the six leads from the ECM to the injectors themselves.
Do you mean there are six lines connected to the each injectors?
If so, one of six lines is the target wire.
Quote:
-"Level 3" (What I hope is it) Would mean tapping into the lead connecting all 6 injectors, the wiring harness (over fuse 229, apparently), and the ECU.
Do you mean this is a single line from the ECU connected to all six injectors?
If so, I think this one is 12V power to injectors.

Yoshi

Reply  Post New Thread