Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Overland - '24 Nissan Versa S 5MT
90 day: 40.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
"...honest, Officer, I was sighting-in on a obviously dangerous, raging, Terradactyle and that driver just drove in front of me...and, BAM (sorry, Emeril!) I hit his engine with my 357-magnum by accident. Can I go now?"
.357MAG is a good man-stopper, but not a good engine stopper. It will bounce off the engine block without doing any right-now stopping, even it brings it to a stop later on. And this is assuming you fire directly at the engine with nothing in the way.

5.56 AP will penetrate through the back of the vehicle, through the consoles, through the firewall, and into the engine block where it will bring things to a very immediate halt.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Just give me a .50, and we're good.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Just give me a .50, and we're good.
AE, or BMG?

If you REALLY wanna go big, go 20MM.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
I've got a 20mm ammo box... it's difficult to carry when it's full of dummies.

A few months ago, I was in the market for a .45 ACP (Desert Eagle) pair... at $1300+. I soon decided that they were just not for me... especially considering that a good shooter can use a much smaller weapon much more efficiently and quickly, with less trouble. (Something like a .22, which still takes out tires, quite easily.)

I guess we're a little off topic here, though. We can continue this in PM, if you'd like! :P

Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I've got a 20mm ammo box... it's difficult to carry when it's full of dummies.

A few months ago, I was in the market for a .45 ACP (Desert Eagle) pair... at $1300+. I soon decided that they were just not for me... especially considering that a good shooter can use a much smaller weapon much more efficiently and quickly, with less trouble. (Something like a .22, which still takes out tires, quite easily.)

I guess we're a little off topic here, though. We can continue this in PM, if you'd like! :P
This is the off-topic forum, merely par for the course!

Anyway, punching holes in tires isn't going to give the desired results, as most tires will stay inflated for far too long, and deflate gracefully, even under a puncture from a .45 ACP.

A small rifle round in Armor Piercing config will punch a hole through the rim, (something no handgun round will do), causing immediate loss of pressure, and an attendant loss of control if the vehicle is traveling any significant speed. Look for the video on Youtube, where they shoot out a tire with a handgun round, another round that won't go through the rim, and then a .223 AP round that pierces the rim. MAJOR difference.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)

seems appropriate, and if there is a car in front of you stopped at that bright red light dangling across the intersection next to the other bright red light synonymous like twins, it means stop. and if to be a good hit and runner, rush hour traffic outside the post office of the 30000 vehicle a day road is not a good idea...

and if to make lil miss hit and runner feel any better about going to jail..I did find another subaru error in my pursuits of making the car safe again (the 1987 has 4 major structure problems by factory unwelded)...and my previous weld elsewhere still held up two obese girls in a pt cruiser on the steep hill.I am kinda proud in away...

below is a vid of before and after, maintaining inegrity. The once all original metal is now negated, and that is frustrating. could be worse, but could be better.

Last edited by bgd73; 09-09-2009 at 09:40 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread