Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Overland - '24 Nissan Versa S 5MT
90 day: 40.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Good reason to carry a cheap digitial camera in the car.
And a small caliber rifle with rounds that'll stop an engine.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Atomic Ass View Post
And a small caliber rifle with rounds that'll stop an engine.
I second this one... a hit and run can be construed as an attempt on someone's life, so I was just defending myself.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Good reason to carry a cheap digitial camera in the car.
I normally do. I was at an inspection station right next door, as my original destination, and didnt bring it. I was on my way to another place to get my masterpiece of fine mig welding art an inspection sticker, after the giuy with a very unrpofessinal attitude bluntly doubted the body. this is the freaky part.the coinicdence is frightening. I got hit one road over, and even thought it was on purpose. stupid *** **** asterisk required for wht I want to call this inspection guy. He messed with the wrong integrity...again..like alot of idiots around here.
today was more mig welding, found another subaru hidden anomoly, and it still did very very good. It is ugly, but the work is of hidden pieces. the bumper is back to almost straight, and stopped there, I want another one, if they ever catch up to little miss hit and run. they still have bumpers for old subes brand new, I can;t remember where they are. That would help me in some finer details in front of the bumper. I am sure that pt cruiser is having a resonance return to real errors anytime now...(aftermath of accident) she gave it a good shot at the 14.6 foot unbudging long way more than not.

22 year old steel, arctic version , my weld. and a cartoon character sideways engined FWD roaster smacking into the back of it..yep. that will be a real nuisance for the rest of little miss hit and runs days with it...slowwwly....
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
"...honest, Officer, I was sighting-in on a obviously dangerous, raging, Terradactyle and that driver just drove in front of me...and, BAM (sorry, Emeril!) I hit his engine with my 357-magnum by accident. Can I go now?"
Old 09-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchalmers View Post
put a tow bar on the back , then if some one rear-ends you agai n it punches a hole in there rad and they don't get far
This ^^^ is why i no longer care how close people tailgate me. I know how good my brakes are, and id get minimal damage compared with whoever hits me.

Hope you get the driver, and your car sorted out.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
When i was tailgated by a van on the freeway he wasn't going anywhere!!! then again he hit me doing roughly 60 and I was doing roughly 30. neither car was moving after that!!!!

twitter.com/bertchalmers
Old 09-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
I have to object to those of you suggesting mounting implements of assault on your rear bumper. Some of the people who will rear-end you deserve damage, but many of them don't. I've seen my car bumped into in the parking lot, and while it made me question the skill of the other driver, I don't wish harm to her or her vehicle.

Lighten up. Maybe it was some guy driving without a license or insurance. The damage to his bumper is punishment enough, and if he was driving illegally, I'm sure he'll be more careful next time. Isn't that all you want?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
...I'm sure he'll be more careful next time. Isn't that all you want?
...next time hell! I prefer everyone be more careful the FIRST time and thus NOT involve ME in their poor driving skills!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmalls View Post
I have to object to those of you suggesting mounting implements of assault on your rear bumper. Some of the people who will rear-end you deserve damage, but many of them don't. I've seen my car bumped into in the parking lot, and while it made me question the skill of the other driver, I don't wish harm to her or her vehicle.

Lighten up. Maybe it was some guy driving without a license or insurance. The damage to his bumper is punishment enough, and if he was driving illegally, I'm sure he'll be more careful next time. Isn't that all you want?
No, I want his dumb ass off the road, because when he messes up, I
have to pay for it.

If you rearend someone, it's your fault, barring extenuating circumstances (which, often, are not present). The damage isn't punishment enough, when I have to pay for your mistake.

People who drive without insurance make insurance rates go up to cover the cost of accidents that occur as a result of them. (It's called subsidizing.) Not to mention that if you don't have insurance, and I don't have uninsured motorist coverage, I'm stuck paying out of pocket for damages that you cause. Why should I have to have insurance to cover myself and my vehicle, AND everyone else that might not have insurance?

If you can't afford to drive legally, you can't afford to drive. Get a bike, get off the road, and don't make excuses for stupidity.

*Did you know there can be jail time for driving without insurance in some states? In PA, there is up to a $1600 or so fine, license suspension, and possible jail time if the damage you cause is over a certain amount. If you just get pulled over, and have no insurance, and get caught with no insurance, it's the same thing... up to $1600 fine, suspension, possible jail time.*

Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
maine is strict with the insurance stuff. I knew there was something wrong with her attitude immediately. The police also mentioned she may not have had a license (with confidence I might add).

I knew I was going to be stuck with repairs as well. The only optimistic thing to come of this, is my 120 hours of weld and finding errors I learned over 12 years with the model car I drive, all fixed...really standing its ground. To simply say..the bumper at thick guage bent around my body panels is rather funny.

Just today I added a bit more preparing for the next mig session. A measuremnt I took of two places parallel turned out exactly the same...damage is done, I am moving on, luckily with a completely normal machine, (my version..way beyond, its not even to joke or think twice about.)
Justice will prevail...and I took my cameras with me for a ride today, as I will subconsciously do every ride...

Reply  Post New Thread