Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hi from a new guy

I'm a dutch guy saying hello to everyone on this really good and informative forum.

I've been working on converting my 'bakbrommer' to electric. Here it is:

It's been going slowly and I ran in to some problems along the way. And while trying to solve those problems I stumbled upon ecomodders and like so many others the Open ReVolt controller really caught my attention

But now i've a problem with my own project and I thought it wouldn't be polite to start asking questions without introducing myself.

Just some more about me; I'm 44 years old, married and I run the bakbrommer forum and a site about racing bakbrommers (bakbrommerpagina #1).

regards,

Amro

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Welcome to ecomodder

What exactly is a bakbrommer?
Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you.

A literal translation is boxmoped. In French it's called a triporteur. In Swedish flakmopeder. Here in Holland the configuration is mostly two wheels in front, one at the back. There are two variations: direct steering of the front wheels or the wheels are fixed to the "box" and the whole thing pivots around one point.
A bit more difficult to learn to drive

They used to be quite popular for selling icecreams, delivering bread etc. etc. in urban areas.

since 1998 we've national championships which have grown from 20 teams to almost a 100. Teams like sidecarmotorracing i.e. a driver (bakbrommerrijder) and a "bakkenist". I've got no word for that. The bakkenist helps steering in the corners, lifting the bakbrommer out of the mud on the cross-track, general pushing and pulling, stuff like that.

check out the pics at Nationale BakBrommer Kampioenschappen 5

I hope this explains a bit, there's loads more of nitpicky facts but that's for the enthousiasts

Reply  Post New Thread