Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
So I’ve started with the vent installation, and it’s been a huge undertaking. Having to cut out a lot of the bracing to make the vents work. The hood should still be fine, as it basically had most of a second skin underneath it, and it was much heavier than the sedan hood I had before. I replaced the prop rod with a pair of gas struts, partly because I had them with the hood before, and partly because I’m going to have to cut the prop rod hole out for the center vents. I ran out of reinforced cutting wheels, so further progress is either going to be painstakingly slow or I’m going to buy more wheels.
Looking good!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
So I’ve started with the vent installation, and it’s been a huge undertaking. Having to cut out a lot of the bracing to make the vents work. The hood should still be fine, as it basically had most of a second skin underneath it, and it was much heavier than the sedan hood I had before. I replaced the prop rod with a pair of gas struts, partly because I had them with the hood before, and partly because I’m going to have to cut the prop rod hole out for the center vents. I ran out of reinforced cutting wheels, so further progress is either going to be painstakingly slow or I’m going to buy more wheels.
Did I miss something? Where are the test results discussed?
Without any testing, IMO, this is just mainly becomes a "Cosmetic" exercise.
I also would have suggested for this application a differential pressure gauge be used, to find the aero sweet spot faster, ie two tubes measuring inner and outer pressures at the same time, and conditions.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-c-c View Post
Did I miss something? Where are the test results discussed?
Without any testing, IMO, this is just mainly becomes a "Cosmetic" exercise.
I also would have suggested for this application a differential pressure gauge be used, to find the aero sweet spot faster, ie two tubes measuring inner and outer pressures at the same time, and conditions.
Hell no, why would any one want to do that? After all, it's only 16 years since I first (as far as I know) published on the web how amateurs could use this technique.

https://www.autospeed.com/cms/a_113178/article

At least some people did suggest in this thread that he do some pressure measurement, so I suppose there is progress!

Reply  Post New Thread