Go Back   EcoModder Forum > AltModding > Alternative Transportation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2023, 11:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Oh believe me, I’m surrounded by people like that. Something about Antarctica being the “wall” which leads up to the “firmament”, binding us from space. Kubrick used camera tricks to create the first moon landing, and then CGI was used to carry the idea that NASA is “actually real”.

It’s funny. I have my own conspiracies, but I don’t understand those ones. What an expensive coverup, and….why?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-30-2023, 11:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,392 Times in 3,366 Posts
How many rocket scientists believe travel to the moon is impossible?

Speaking of government (individuals high on power) making up arbitrary boundaries, I'm halfway through listening to Count Dankula give an account of Ruby Ridge.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
JacobLeSann (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 12:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobLeSann
Oh believe me, I’m surrounded by people like that.
I don't know where they get it.

I told him "No, it's so we don't find out about the pyramids and UFOs."

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
JacobLeSann (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 09:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,113 Times in 982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
How many rocket scientists believe travel to the moon is impossible?

Speaking of government (individuals high on power) making up arbitrary boundaries, I'm halfway through listening to Count Dankula give an account of Ruby Ridge.
None of the official ones I knew. Bean counters on the other hand.......

Ruby Ridge was a total fubar from both points of view.

What does any of that have to do with snow travel?
JacobLeSann (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 12:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I will say, I like UFO research and stories. I don’t believe 90% of them but I love the concept. Grew up reading “Mysteries of the Unknown” books and loved the fantastical stories. It’s fun to think of the world with such mystery. I don’t really feel there’s much mystery now as most things have been discovered.

I have seen a UFO once, and was pretty excited! Something I had wanted to see my whole life. Yellow light crossed the horizon, then bolted up in a curve while pulsing from orange to red and then flashing into nothing. I never assumed it was aliens. When you study into how close (or rather, far) any life forms are from us in space, the logistics of driving to earth just to float around for 2 seconds and then disappear….Doesn’t make much sense.

Could it be a light-based meteorological phenomena? That’s what I think.

But yes, off topic.

————————————————

I think it may be worth testing out different designs to see for myself the efficacy of different snow-crawler setups. There looks to be different pros and cons to all ideas.

Just need some time. Likely after Christmas comes and gos.
Old 12-01-2023, 03:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Snow varies in its depth and properties so if you are from Buffalo, Colorado, or Hudson Bay you will know the names of different snows. The cheapest solution would be a ski rack on a mountain bike. A hybrid snow machine is possible but batteries don't like the cold. You will want a windscreen. Icy conditions require studs. Deep powder would be track and skis. Watch Life Below Zero on the National Geographic channel.

Cold Zero is the autobiography of a HRT sniper who was at Ruby Ridge and Waco. Ice is Where You Find It is by an icebreaker captain and includes an expedition to Antarctica. As for flying saucers I have yet to learn of one breaking the sound barrier and causing a sonic boom. When Sweitzer was making planes in Horseheads we would see some prototypes flying about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grant-53 For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (12-01-2023), JacobLeSann (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 04:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobLeSann
When you study into how close (or rather, far) any [suppositional] life forms are from us in space....
That would be one possibility. They might be right next door in time.

Quote:
When Sweitzer was making planes in Horseheads we would see some prototypes flying about.
What year was that?

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
JacobLeSann (12-02-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 04:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Good input, thank you. That’s more or less what I’m considering. I love the idea of a trike or quad setup with skiis and studded fat wheels. I think tracks look cool but are expensive and very inefficient. My dad used to have a Bombi snow track machine but sold it because of how often the tracks would fall apart. Super heavy and inefficient machine that was no faster than 10 km/h. However, I don’t think it ever got stuck. Food for thought.

Hudson Bay, Saskatchewan? Or no? That place is very similar to the conditions where I am.

———————————————————

That’s actually a really cool anecdote. I believe I seen a prototype mining scanner drone one day. Really strange; just seen a galvanized steel ring zoom past overhead, wirh propellers and what I presume were scanners. Not sure why they were so close to my home haha. Never seen one again.

If you look into the history of the Lockheed-Martin Blackbird project , (I believe that’s the name), you can find a ton of interesting anecdotes that gives the general idea of how secretive military testing lead to fantastical rumours about Area 51 research. It’s really interesting to see how classification and purposeful concealment of details created fear of something far greater in many of the employees.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,113 Times in 982 Posts
Used to be my favorite subjects. We have 3day snow most times and when it stays longer I get an urge to do snow things beyond shoveling the driveway. Doesn't stay long enough to get a serious build going.

Project blue book mentions bldg 300 @ wright patt afb as storing materials from Roswell, but when I got on base, couldn't find evidence of that building number. There was a 298, 299, 301, 302 but no 300. Conspiracy? No just probably typical AF stupid.
JacobLeSann (12-02-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 06:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ever see this one? Great book.

I’d love to go to Roswell someday, I doubt the conspiracies as much as you do but it is still interesting to me to see what could’ve happened there.

A human powered snow plow would be cool, come to think.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0A975C88-5AF0-4F6F-AD18-244907607056.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	34406  
Reply  Post New Thread