Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 03:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

luvmyo2crew

My deepest apologies re remarks, i personally think that it got out of hand. Re Americans? I am one as well and am familiar with the United States and am probably like you dissapointed at the loss of lives be they Canadians or Americans or any allies that must endure the ongoing bloodshed.

As a dual Canadian and American i sincerely hope that should you have sons and daughters that they will not have to endure the Bush war, there are enough problems in the USA and in Canada that have to be dealt with.

I joined ecomodders in a attempt to use less fuel so that there will be something left for up and coming emergencies and to reduce dependancy on foreign oil Canada included............it may well be a drop in the bucket but those of us that do care may well make a difference.

Here in Canada i am dissapointed that inspite of high gas prices Canadians fail to do something about it and all they do is talk................Look at how many Canucks are on ecomodders, very few...........I live in the Province of British Columbia and the people look at me as the village idiot with the few mods that I have made and i personally do not give a damned as I am trying to do more than talk..................It seems that the Americans are always leading the way in respect to new ideas and I for one am happy to be a genuine dyed in the wool ecomodder...........I hope Canucks will get the message that we can all do our part as little as it may seem and maybe just maybe car companies will get some fuel efficient cars and trucks on the road and we ecomodders will have succeeded in waking up the car companies, if the little guy can get great gas mileage with mods that cost a hundred bucks, can you imagine what they can do if they really tried.

I am back on track and will try and contribute a bit more than sarcastic posts and hopefully you can do the same.

By the way I was kidding drafting Metro's.............
crexcrex

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
38 time NHRA/IHRA Champ

You are very welcome to draft mine.....I do not do the speed limit tough.

It is OUR war, not his...congress voted on sending our troops there and it was approved overwhelmingly....we should have stepped in when Clinton was in office due to the extreme number of violations of UNs rules.

It is finally coming to light that the US might have more oil reserves than the entire middle east. The democrats solution to the gas $$ problem was shown yesterday on the floor of gongress when in the middle of a republicans speech Nancy Pelozi had the mikes turned off, the CSPAN cameras turned off, and the lights turned off.....to take their 5 week VACATION! She has not allowed any republican ammendments to even be discussed and told the press in the pass that she is doing this to save the world! The republicans stayed on the floor for many hours afterwards.....that is what happens when libs get power hungry. Don't belive their lies about drilling not making a difference for 10 years, we could start getting it in 2. A Saudi oil prince said that if congress followed the presidents lead in JUST announcing they were lifting the off shore drilling ban the price of oil could tumble to $78 a barrell.

05 SRT4-12.17@117 mph on DOTs-31.0 mpg-SOLD
96 Geo Metro-3 banger-60.1 mpg-SOLD
95 BMW M3-13.41 @ 106 mph-31mpg-SOLD
77 Chevy Monza with 350/350-FOR SALE
84 Horizon-1880 lbs-29 mpg
95 Neon-43 mpg
99 Z28-10.80 @ 127 mph-27.1mpg
2011 Prius-62.1 wife's
Old 08-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Let's keep the conversation off political topics and try to stick to constructive discussion of efficiency, mods & driving techniques. That's what the forum is for.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 08-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

TANK the fifth - '02 Chevrolet S10 Crew Cab 4x4 LS
90 day: 20.44 mpg (US)
crexcrex,

thanks for taking time to read and respond to the pm I sent ya. I do get a little long winded sometimes with my posts.

I too joined ecomodders to do my part saving with the vehicle I have(got a loooong way to go). I do believe that all of our drops in the bucket will eventually make it overflow and lots of people will start to notice the puddle we're making

As for the Village Idiot...I DON'T THINK YOU ARE ...you seem to be attempting to lead the way in your community from what you have stated and only a sane and sincere person would do that.

"I am back on track and will try and contribute a bit more than sarcastic posts and hopefully you can do the same."
X2 and unfortunately I don't have enough ecomodding experience yet to really contribute info, so questions and observations are what I do mainly. I'll work on the sarcasm part, less that is haha...