Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Good one. I had to do that to the city of RIchmond, VA. Ironically after getting a copy in hand they took my word for it.

I had a failed subscription to 4wheeldrive like that too. I didnt get my magazine, so I canceled my check as it never cleared. Then they sent 2 issues, then several nasty letters from a bill collector. I hadnt given them my ssn so it couldnt effect my credit, but it was rather upsetting to get those when they seem to of lost my check to begin with. I ended up doing a BBB compliant to get it resolved and they ended up giving me a year subscription.
I accidentally mailed a check for, a loan payment to First American Bank, to the State of Virginia. Stuck the check in the wrong envelope.
Danged if they didn't cash it.

regards
Mech

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
I accidentally mailed a check for, a loan payment to First American Bank, to the State of Virginia. Stuck the check in the wrong envelope.
Danged if they didn't cash it.

regards
Mech
I've had the same experience, but involving the wrong check in wrong envelope to both a supplier and a utility company. Both checks were cashed. The utility was overpaid and the supplier was underpaid. Fortunately I was able to rectify the situation after I discovered the error.

What you may not realize is that nowadays checks are all processed by automated systems. No human reviews whether a check is made out to the correct business or not.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

When I worked for a bank we used automation for atm deposits, mailed checks, but anything taken to the branch was eyeballed. It caused a lot of problems as customers knew of the electronic processing and would see a teller to do something that slipped under the radar with no problems. This was usually 3rd party checks like a husbands pay check on an account that just listed the wife. Post dated checks to cash or deposit and checks that were not signed the same as the signature card.

Reply  Post New Thread