Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Can I haz Coroplast plz

11 Genesis Coupe - '11 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Last 3: 20.91 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I KNEW there was something wrong with it! Was the bearing shot enough to cause the brake to drag?
I got to give my the bearing a spin without the tire and yes it did have some resistance. I would give it a rotation and stop spinning within a spin or two (with initial rotation of maybe 1 revolution/sec). The mechanic looked at the other wheel and said it would probably need replacing in a year.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Had to replace front brake pads on the 2010 Impala today, 1 pad was squeelling at 6xk, s(bought at 40,000), all other pads 1/2 thickness or better. I'd hate to replace a caliper already, but probably should, only reason that pads gone is the caliper is draging costing MPG. Huge advantage of owning a car a long time is to know it, hear the changes in sound, performance, mpg.. and it's worthwhile. Removed my rear winters as they are good for another winter, front's are on till gone.

I sanded my idler pulleys on Stratus today, no more constant squeling belt, thanks Frank, I would have never though the idles mattered unless the bearing was going out. Power steering still acting up, but atleast no noise.

Haven't had to replace a rear bearing yet, but both fronts on the Malibu due to noise. Not bad noise but I noticed.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
GRU
Master EcoModder

silver bullet - '00 Honda Civic
90 day: 34.41 mpg (US)
when you are in D and let off the gas at about 40 mph does the car slow down really fast or does it coast good? My automatic does a good job coasting while in D so i speed up to about 40 and coast stop signs, street lights, or turns, then speed back up again and that's helped by fuel mileage about 10-15%

Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #34 (permalink)
Can I haz Coroplast plz

11 Genesis Coupe - '11 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Last 3: 20.91 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU View Post
when you are in D and let off the gas at about 40 mph does the car slow down really fast or does it coast good? My automatic does a good job coasting while in D so i speed up to about 40 and coast stop signs, street lights, or turns, then speed back up again and that's helped by fuel mileage about 10-15%
I did multiple coast down tests from 35 to 30 and consistently had it take 15 seconds to drop down that amount. Recently I did 55 down to 50 and it took about 12 seconds however it was on a slight up hill as I was traveling, skewing the numbers a bit shortening the length of time it would take to coast down. I hope that helps.

Reply  Post New Thread