Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
How much does paint remover cost?
none needed, it will peel off.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa View Post
none needed, it will peel off.
No, to lighten the car by removing the factory paint!

Joking...

Well, I called the guy. I was trying to focus on school and then my night was weird. I went to bed early, only slept a few hours, got a ton of schoolwork done, finally had a good run, and still thought that it was too early to call the guy, so I went back to sleep.

I should have called earlier. He said that he received many calls and texts yesterday, one guy is on his way from Phoenix, and another is on his way from Tucson.

How long does it take to check out a car? The first Civic that I saw did not take long to dismiss, I could not take it for a test drive, so I left. The second one looked perfect. I took it for a test drive and then to a mechanic.

I would be disappointed if someone bought this out from under me.

Should I just let him know that I am familiar with Civics, not that I have been looking for this specific car for months?

I am especially worried about the guy coming up from Tucson. That is three or four hours of driving!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
No, to lighten the car by removing the factory paint!

Joking...

Well, I called the guy. I was trying to focus on school and then my night was weird. I went to bed early, only slept a few hours, got a ton of schoolwork done, finally had a good run, and still thought that it was too early to call the guy, so I went back to sleep.

I should have called earlier. He said that he received many calls and texts yesterday, one guy is on his way from Phoenix, and another is on his way from Tucson.

How long does it take to check out a car? The first Civic that I saw did not take long to dismiss, I could not take it for a test drive, so I left. The second one looked perfect. I took it for a test drive and then to a mechanic.

I would be disappointed if someone bought this out from under me.

Should I just let him know that I am familiar with Civics, not that I have been looking for this specific car for months?

I am especially worried about the guy coming up from Tucson. That is three or four hours of driving!
Quote:
A story exists that the origin of the Silver Arrows was accidental. The international governing body of motor sport prescribed for 1934 onwards a maximum weight limit of 750 kg for Grand Prix racing cars, excluding tyres and fuel. It is said that when in spring 1934, the Mercedes-Benz team placed its new Mercedes-Benz W25 on the scrutineering scales prior to the Eifelrennen at the Nürburgring, it allegedly recorded 751 kg (1,656 lb). Racing manager Alfred Neubauer and his driver Manfred von Brauchitsch, who both later published their memoires, claimed that they had the idea of scraping all the white paint from the bodywork. The story continues that the next day the shining silver aluminium beneath was exposed and scrutineering was passed. After the 350 hp (260 kW) car of von Brauchitsch won the race, the nickname Silver Arrow was born, according to the legend.

Enthusiastic may be better, if you are looking for a deal. If you want it, and will just pay, then let him know you have been searching.

I went 8 hours for my Insight...lol

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Not Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Enthusiastic may be better, if you are looking for a deal. If you want it, and will just pay, then let him know you have been searching.

I went 8 hours for my Insight...lol
Interesting story!

Value is determined by what people will pay for something. I value that car more than most, but I also value my own money.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Interesting story!

Value is determined by what people will pay for something. I value that car more than most, but I also value my own money.
I couldn't say if it's true, but it sounds plausible. My friends and I always joke Silver is the fastest color (because of that reason). I would imagine taking the paint off also took some aluminum, too, which would help.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
From appearances, it seems likely this is a really good car. If it is as good as it looks, and it seems well-cared for, then it is capable of better FE than the owner is describing and will last a good long while yet.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
From appearances, it seems likely this is a really good car. If it is as good as it looks, and it seems well-cared for, then it is capable of better FE than the owner is describing and will last a good long while yet.
He gets EPA. I don't!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Not Doug

Sold.

So much for focusing on school. My brand-new laptop keeps doing crazy things. I do not even know how to describe what it did yesterday. It would not allow me to type, but kept opening, adjusting, and minimizing different windows when I tried to use the keyboard.

Girls in my class told me to check for updates. Since an update had not caused the problem, that advice was not worth what I paid for it. However, win8 insisted on installing updates. Install updates and reboot. Install updates and shut down. I closed everything, pulled the battery, unplugged the laptop, then put everything back, and it installed a new WiFi adapter.

So, today my Internet kept going out. I rolled back and it is okay.

Now can I focus on school? Please computer, just behave for three years?

I am off-topic! What are you going to do?!

Reply  Post New Thread