Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gas Passer

Burnt's Cobalt - '09 Chevy Cobalt LT XFE
Team Chevy
90 day: 38.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Could you elaborate on what this readout is? Is it something like a ScanGauge, giving you an actual temperature value? If so, it's probably pretty accurate. Temperature gauges, OTOH, I've never found to be more than ballpark accurate, if that.
The cobalt has a LCD readout that you can cycle through to see different things about the car - one of them is the coolant temperature value, in fahrenheit ; I'm assuming thats why there is no temp gauge on the car

cfg83 - I'll try to idle it to see when the fan kicks in, thanks for the info

guitarguy - thanks for the pointers about the grill block - I looked at all the pics of grill blocks here on the site; i'm going to try to make one that attaches to the bumper, right behind my grill....yeah I'm definitely not attaching anything to the radiator, haha

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread