Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
testing the waters

Mpguino acting weird

Ok, so I had the mpguino working the other day straight wiring everything together, so today I put all the components on board to rewire it.

Now it doesn't work

1. Would putting the led in wrong cause this (doubtful, I shorted it to test it anyway)

2. Has anyone seen there screen do this before
After turning it on, the screen stays blank for a couple of seconds, then the top row of characters displays all 16 boxes, then I can see that the screen is updating really fast but not showing anything.

3. Did I burn something out during my soldering? (I don't think I did)

What could have shorted to make this happen?

I'm going to check over my component board and wiring again, but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before

Sorry, yeah I going to recheck my wiring right now, but I want to get some other opinions in case everything still looks right.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-23-2008, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Scoob - '05 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport SE
90 day: 25.28 mpg (US)
I ran into this today actually. In my case I had the RS and Enable lines crossed. Triple check your LCD -> 'duino connections: RS, Enable, and Contrast are close to each other on both, but are in different orders. I found it easier on my board to fix it in software

Oh, and even if the LCD is wired wrong or not even powered, the 'duino's LED(s) should light up if its powered.

Good luck.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Yeah, might have some wires crossed. Or else try reflashing the guino.

Reply  Post New Thread