Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Lost variables data

Hi all. I lost all the data the other day and was wondering what happened. I had remembered the VSS number but the usec/gal number is history. I have checked the voltage supply and have found no problems there. Is it posible that the unit lost power and cleared the momory also? I also noticed the MPG going down during a decell the other day off of the interstate. I am guessing that the computer shut off the injectors. The MPG went to all 0's is this because the injector variable is 0 thus producing a 0 output? Thanks for the help.
Hugh
I have a 1990 Chrysler Lebaron 4 door with 3.0 engine the VSS number I have now is 16325 it is real close but plan to take a trip to Florida next month and this should let me tune it. I will post the results for others here in July.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Punk

Honduh Power - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.37 mpg (US)
if your car is rolling and the injectors all turned off, then your instant MPG should skyrocket.

The only time your instant MPG should be zero is when your car is stopped. I think.

Am I understanding you right?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

That is what I thought but during decell I have 0 instant MPG and the adverage goes down also it clocks down really fast I have not looked at the adverage as it is on decell but will. I am going to travel to town tomorrow so will get a chance to watch it again.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Punk

Honduh Power - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.37 mpg (US)
Was it always this way? Maybe its not hooked up right?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Its hooked up right it work fine for about a week. The other day I got into the car to go some place and the readings were all wrong that is when I got into the variables and found that they had all reset.

I have the Vss back but did not write down the usec/gal number and my program calculator I was using got used on another calculation after the last gas calc. but this is minor I can redo the MPG by fudging the instant MPG on the highway as I know the adverage during cruise.

I am baffled by the instant going to 000 when I decel on the interstate. It is not a big problem but it does screw up the total MPG on the tank.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

If all of the settings got wiped out, is it possible there is a setting for the Injector trigger? If it is set to UP, change it to Down, or vice versa. I believe this a new setting in the latest version of the sw. The guino will read all 9's when the injectors shut off.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Hu, is this your kit or your prebuilt that is acting up?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

dcd this is the pre assembled unit that has lost the Vss and all the other vairables.

I have shot out a email to Kevin to see if he will look at the kit for me. I think that the chip has lost its program.

I have a ISP and I am waiting on a Dev board. I have just gottin a email that will help me as I want to make a clip on that will program the chip on board. I would like to hack the program and use a larger display my eye site is not so good for the small numbers on the road. I would like to be able to just glance at it and see what is going on. I have a display that is 9 3/8 x 1 3/8 that might do the trick. The problem is I do not have a pinout on the display, I bought it years ago and lost the data sheet. Maybe able to chase it down on the web today.

I have not had any more mishaps with the MPGuino but it has only been a few days since the last one.

Tell me if the power is lost to the uP will it reset to the stock values?

Should I consider a backup battery. I know this time to write down my figures so that they do not get lost.
thanks Hugh
Old 05-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hu_man View Post
That is what I thought but during decell I have 0 instant MPG and the adverage goes down also it clocks down really fast I have not looked at the adverage as it is on decell but will. I am going to travel to town tomorrow so will get a chance to watch it again.
So weird. After being perfectly fine since last year, mine did the same thing twice last week, and has not acted up since. All I can figure it maybe it got too hot. Maybe mpguinos are getting touched by the swine flu.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ok all is good with the assembled MPGuino. I made the trip to Florida and got the variables all figured out. If anyone is running the 1990 Chrysler Lebaron 4 door with 4 speed automatic and a 3.0 V-6 here it is the speed sensor is 16250 the gas is 27550990. I have had almost exact readings at the pump for the last two weeks. I will be traveling to California later this week and will find out if it is 100%. Thanks for all the help I do understand this thing a little better and if anyone has any questions I would liket to help. Just drop me a email. I will be in the boondocks in Ca. for the next 4 to 6 weeks so do not expect a quick response. Thanks all Hugh

Reply  Post New Thread