Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
I prefer my news without the paper attached. Youtube offers International news sources like Sky News Australia and TFI Global.

This one for instance is interesting. Winning was easy, power is difficult for the Afghani Primates with AKs. The 'caretaker president' Amrullah Saleh, is a skinhead.

Last edited by freebeard; 08-20-2021 at 03:13 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-20-2021, 03:19 PM   #62 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I like conserving trees. Also, how do I get ad block for print?
freebeard (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 10:08 PM   #63 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I prefer my news without the paper attached. Youtube offers International news sources like Sky News Australia and TFI Global.

This one for instance is interesting. Winning was easy, power is difficult for the Afghani Primates with AKs. The 'caretaker president' Amrullah Saleh, is a skinhead.
Video news is just too slow and often has no added value over reading. I'll take my newspaper in digital form.

TFI Global. Claims to be unbiased alternative media but also claims to provide an alternate Center-Right narrative. Also complains they are one of the 3 top right-wing media sites blacklisted by Wikipedia.

Current lead headline: A global liberal conspiracy to project Taliban as harmless Afghan people is underway
Old 08-20-2021, 11:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

That's why there's 1.5x and 1.75x.

Sans paper doesn't have to mean video. remember www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news?
Quote:
We asked people across the political spectrum to blindly rate the bias of Breitbart, The Daily Caller, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal, and Yahoo News in our July 2021 AllSides Blind Bias Survey. A total of 1,734 people across the political spectrum blindly rated the bias of content from these news outlets.

The survey confirmed our bias ratings for Breibart (Right), The Guardian (Lean Left), The Wall Street Journal (Center), and Yahoo News (Lean Left).

However, respondents across the political spectrum on average rated The Daily Caller as Lean Right, which differed from our rating of Right. AllSides conducted a Small Group Editorial Review, and determined The Daily Caller will retain its Right media bias rating.
Liberal conspiracies tend to come up short. And they just move on. The Taliban, or Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, had it's origins in Wahhabism. (remember the giant Buddha statues?) They will have great difficulty suppressing that in the hope of International recognition. The 'caretaker President' Saleh has the backing of all the other tribes plus the Sikhs, plus the Hindus.

What will really be interesting is watching China try to pull those rare earths out from under tribal Muslims.

Here, this is for OP:

www.thingiverse.com/thing:526082

Last edited by freebeard; 08-20-2021 at 11:45 PM..
Old 08-21-2021, 01:36 AM   #65 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Yes, a tricopter. Always thought they were superior because reducing the motor count (increasing blade size) is efficient, and they yaw quicker.

Of course, having an odd number of props means an imbalance of rotational torque.

I'd still like to build one someday.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 08-21-2021, 02:27 AM   #66 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

It looks like there is a fourth stepper motor to sweep the tail rotor left and right anyway. Maybe this would be better:

cdn-blog.adafruit.com/uploads/2015/06/tricopter-1.jpg

Old 08-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
That's why there's 1.5x and 1.75x.

Sans paper doesn't have to mean video. remember www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news?
I've tried 1.5x and 1.75 x. I just find it annoying and still slower than reading.

All Sides is just an aggregator of other news sites - including newspapers.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I don't think its been said, but the ultimate in drone real estate overflights is the Austin Gigafactory.

There are two or three Youtube channels competing for Patreon funding with daily overflights. This one today is a good example. He always begins with a retrospective montage from a rough patch of Texas, through the snow on day 52 to current. This one has Bonus Time at ?t=540 and a bit at the end about the Boring Company paving their driveway.

Apropos the Boring Company, today's Keiser Report references Halford John Mackinder's 1904 en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Geographical_Pivot_of_History. He even published a map,but was blind to the truth.

He asserted a 'World-island' with Inner and Outer islands, North and South America being an outer island. This was corrected with R. B. Fuller's Dymaxion map projection which shows one world-island in a world ocean or vice versa (figure/ground stuffs).

So I'm thinking a priority would be to get the Boring company to drive three holes below the Bering Strait. Two for one-way traffic and one for maintenance and a high-voltage DC transmission line. To complete Fuller's round-the-world electrical grid. Load-balancing through the Bering Strait is probably as important as the Hyperloop.

Reply  Post New Thread