Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #221 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

At this point I have all three, A Scan Gauge II, a MPGunio, AND a Zemco Milage computer...

The scan gauge is fooled if I tweak the PCM so I use it for other things...the MPGunio currently IS my MPG readout until I find time to try a couple of other things... then I plan on hooking up the Zemco.

Currently I set aside working on MPG and did some customizing to the interior by adding a Mustang Gauge Cluster, a center console with floor shifter and a custom dash to console setup.

Rich

PS that is a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, which will get up to 30 MPG at 65 MPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTestPilot View Post
ok , I now see your problem ,so do you want to use the mpGuino ,as the measuring device ,or you want a voltage output vs flow type sensor & read it with something else.
My Idea , was the flow sensor could be connected to The MPGuino without messing with the standard code .

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #222 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

did some minor research on how a ultrasonic flow meter functions in a quiet moment .
I have experience with ultrasonics as a non destructive materials (solid materials) testing device , so I understand this concept quiet well.
The concept of ultrasonics & liquid is somewhat more tricky , I will try & pickup some ultrasonic sensors while in Asia ,but that doesn't mean any thing will come from this any time soon .
From what I can gather , firing the ultrasonic signal through the pipe wall is the safest way to go ,although this requires somewhat higher power than required for a distance sensor through air space& a bit of tricky analysis.
Also the fuel needs "x" sized & "x" number of reflective particles in "x" volume to be able to measure any thing at all ,this I don't know , any fuels engineers out there who can sort this one?

Tp

Reply  Post New Thread