Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #31 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Every generation is just as dumb as others. Modern technology just gives people new and exciting ways to explore their stupidity and makes sure we all hear about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Ecky (03-21-2019), Frank Lee (03-21-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #32 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

Red 2000 Insight (2017 through 2019) - '00 Honda Insight 5MT
90 day: 64.72 mpg (US)

Red 2000 Lithium Insight (2020) - '00 Honda Insight LTO
90 day: 71.76 mpg (US)
I don't know why avocados on toast is a meme used to insult millennials.

When you go to the grocery store in the USA and you look at the avocado section you are probably buying a Hass Avocado. Hass avocados are grown in California, which is part of the USA, so they don't have to go through customs or some other dumb process to get here. Hass trees produce year-round, it's not particularly difficult to grow.

Avocados are high in healthy fats, low in carbs, and they have a few other vitamins in them. They also taste good. You should try a sandwich on a toasted roll//bun with avocado, tomato, a fried egg, and cheese. Add spicy mustard for bonus points.

They aren't even that expensive. A $ per avocado isn't a lot when you consider the nutritional quality and weight of the edible portion. And usually you can get them for cheaper than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Natalya For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

I agree. Avocados are great. Chlorophyll rich, good fats, vitamins...
People pay more for ice creams and couple coffee on street, and then come to complain about more people of a given generation eat avocado and don't drink beer.
The old silly stupid idea that a man is more man if drink.

Others complain about they are not John Wayne style, like they denunce bullying. But the world would be better without tough guys, without drunk guys.

The relevant complain I see it's about selfish and egocentrism. But this is the result of the parenthood they got. If they don't want marriage it's probably because their parents had terrible marriages and as result a bad influence over the kids.

In my country sadly alcohol abuse still rises among young people. Alcoholism among young women growth a lot, for example. Industry used/exploited women, promoting alcohol as female emancipation, just to get rich.
Equally bad for man... Homicides are direct connected with alcohol, since 50% of killers and 50% homicide victmis were drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalya View Post
I don't know why avocados on toast is a meme used to insult millennials.

When you go to the grocery store in the USA and you look at the avocado section you are probably buying a Hass Avocado. Hass avocados are grown in California, which is part of the USA, so they don't have to go through customs or some other dumb process to get here. Hass trees produce year-round, it's not particularly difficult to grow.

Avocados are high in healthy fats, low in carbs, and they have a few other vitamins in them. They also taste good. You should try a sandwich on a toasted roll//bun with avocado, tomato, a fried egg, and cheese. Add spicy mustard for bonus points.

They aren't even that expensive. A $ per avocado isn't a lot when you consider the nutritional quality and weight of the edible portion. And usually you can get them for cheaper than that.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-18-2019 at 12:05 PM..
Old 03-19-2019, 02:49 AM   #34 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
The old silly stupid idea that a man is more man if drink.
Drinking some beers once in a while is not too bad, but I prefer to not do it when my stomach is empty, I'd rather get the beer either after a meal or while I eat it. Getting drunk only for the sake of it is pointless.

Quote:
In my country sadly alcohol abuse still rises among young people.
Makes me remind my school days. Most of my colleagues abused on alcohol. Well, I must confess I also did it a few times, mostly while I was involved in other activities, not only for the sake of binge-drinking.

Quote:
Alcoholism among young women growth a lot, for example. Industry used/exploited women, promoting alcohol as female emancipation, just to get rich.
This and that fat-positivity BS are a long-term harm for womens' health. It won't surprise me when young women start to die more frequently from liver failure than over-40 ones die from breast cancer.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

I will give a example, and I'm not being sexist since I consider also as silly for men.

I spent some time under physiotherapy treatment and could see how was the girls from this heath field. Most young physiotherapist drink, and some drink a lot. All make fun of other colegues get very drunk in graduation and could possible end in hospital. In the birthday one a colleague a group of girls made a "tequila game" for her, where they made question and for each wrong answer the colleague had to take a shot of tequila. She was left practically drunk mand the other girls didn't even took her to home, and she had to took a bus to go home.

I wonder what feminists would say if a group of male physiotherapists had made the same tequila game with a female physiotherapist, and let her alone to take a bus for home after practically drunk.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Others complain about they are not John Wayne style, like they denunce bullying. But the world would be better without tough guys, without drunk guys.
You need to remember that there are guys that brag about being tough, and then there are those who actually are tough. Not a whole lot of overlap. And not a lot of bullies in the second group.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Interesting... I refer as tough guys more to the kind of trouble makers agressive ones.
Most violent people in reality are emotionally insecure people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
You need to remember that there are guys that brag about being tough, and then there are those who actually are tough. Not a whole lot of overlap. And not a lot of bullies in the second group.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Redpoint, coffe made in home can be affordable, but most americans also buy a lot of couple coffee on streets, in cafeterias, and more than 1 or two per day.
Most Americans do not buy more than 1-2 coffees per day. The real USA is not what you see on TV.

A few people I work with go to the coffee bar a couple times a day. Most of us drink the free coffee.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #39 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
The first reference I saw to avocados and toast was Warren Buffet telling snake people to stop. Theoretically he argued it kept them poor. People acted like it just showed how out-of-touch Buffet is.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
When I see criticisms of millennials or x group of youngsters I think, well, WHO RAISED THEM? It is usually the generation doing the *****ing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (03-21-2019), JSH (03-21-2019)
Reply  Post New Thread