Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Minded

Lunar Mist - '02 Toyota Tacoma SR5
90 day: 25.31 mpg (US)

Silver Streak - '08 Toyota Corolla S
90 day: 38.25 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Chris D.
mods deleting/modifying my posts with no notification?

Whats with my posts dissapearing and/or being
modified without any contact to myself about it?

I'd like to at least know why?
I'm a fair and laid back guy.. Why cant you come to me like a man and
put it out on the table and say, here, this is why.. I'm a rational person

Is this a sign of things to come from the moderators on this site?
I've already curbed the cursing language as per request,
but this is borderline censorship of personal perportions..

I'm starting to get a feel for how this site works now..
discuss or delete.. Your going to do what your going to do either way..

I feel violated to say the least, no respect..
I'm thinking this has to do with the pushy salesmen like pushing of paying for membership and me not being able to justify paying X amount and gettin no real benifits..

it all makes sence now..

set me straight if this isn't the reason, I'm all ears..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Wow -

I added your latest post to the moderation queue, as is general forum policy, when I determined it to be:

1. Personally offensive (to me, and I know others would agree)
2. Outside of the rules for posting in the lounge. This is clearly displayed for rules of lounge posting: "For the way off-topic topics & lighter stuff. Political discussion? If you must, but ONLY topics directly related to efficiency are allowed. And keep it civil!"

While I'm sure you had an interesting night, this forum doesn't exist for you to revel in the way you deal with certain events. Not to go into what is said in that post, but as a cyclist and a person, I was shocked at the blatant disregard for human life that posed and at the fact that if I was involved in a road altercation with you I would likely be run over and killed.

And besides, saying "bs, mf'r, and fugged" is not in the spirit of limiting the use of profanity, it's just saying the same thing in a way a profanity filter would not catch.

By participating at EcoModder, you agree to a few basic things. One of them is respect of the forum rules, another is to respect other members on the forum. If you have a problem with the way we enforce these basic rules, you should send Darin or me a PM to discuss it, we're here to serve you, so we won't ignore you. If you had given me half an hour to type a response, you would've had a PM before you posted this thread.

And by the way, we only edit things without asking to do things like:
1. Fix a link
2. Fix a picture
3. Clarify a thread title
4. Edit some other formatting error so that things display as intended by the original poster

We do these things to make the forum of higher quality for all users.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Minded

Lunar Mist - '02 Toyota Tacoma SR5
90 day: 25.31 mpg (US)

Silver Streak - '08 Toyota Corolla S
90 day: 38.25 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Chris D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
While I'm sure you had an interesting night, this forum doesn't exist for you to revel in the way you deal with certain events. Not to go into what is said in that post, but as a cyclist and a person, I was shocked at the blatant disregard for human life that posed and at the fact that if I was involved in a road altercation with you I would likely be run over and killed
I'm an avid cyclist..

I'm the guy that looks to the right when turning left down a one way street to make sure a cyclist isnt in the crosswalk comming from the opposite direction because i remember too many close encounters..

My topic was within guidlines according to the area..

What you dont understand is when you have a firarm pointed at you by a person on a bicycle, my life was in jeapordy and I was forced to face my own mortality, so I used my truck as a weapon in self defence.

had I have swerved away from him, he could have gotten a better lock on me and i would have been killed..

Your young and dont understand this, its plain to see..
I'm guessing your in your late teens early 20's..

I'm not holding that against you at all, just an observation..

I was sharing my experience, you used your opinion
to kill my thread because of your own personal beliefs.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Well, I think you've illustrated my point very well. The post had nothing to do with the topic of the site, and what's more, would only serve to cause people to argue pointlessly over it.

For example, you've already insulted me personally because of my age, which offends me. If that post had been allowed to continue, I probably could have said something like "since when is the appropriate response to someone banging into you car on a bike chasing them down the street, eventually running them over, and then gloating about it on a web forum."

With that said, I am closing this post, as I've already made my point about the forum rules and how we moderators handle such things. If you wish to discuss it more, feel free to PM me.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread