Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Silverfox

Focused - '07 Ford Focus SES
90 day: 29.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Hi,

Can you post a picture of the front of your car? I'll bet that a grill block and/or blocking some other "features" would help.
Just added picture to my profile. Don't know how to insert it into body of post.

Mike

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mr. Blue Tape

AzxA - '06 Scion xA
90 day: 42.72 mpg (US)
You can insert images by uploading to an image hosting site like www.imageshack.com or www.photobucket.com (both free) then posting a link from there to here.

ex:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tars/shade.gif

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1433/azxatu5.jpg

Results may vary on your aero mods. This is why individual field testing is so important because what a grill block gets for me on my route in my Scion may not be applicable to the gains for Bearleener on his route in his Golf. I also had to take into account of the high temps -- full block had the best GPH gains but I was tripping the electric fan after 20 miles of city and idling drives. I compromised and used an upper block and a mesh for the lower block (which deflects air proportional to the speed I'm traveling).

Unbiased testing with repetition also helps remove any placebo gains that mods may create in a driver's mind.

I've also gotten to the point that I can help my FE by driving a new route. A shorter distance is not worth the hit I take when I have to deal with other drivers and all the lights. (I'm on the prowl to beat 43mpg/tank and humanity is not helping... )

My 5 pillars of fuel efficiency:
  • driving style
  • aerodynamics
  • tires
  • weight reduction
  • engine maintenance
Reply  Post New Thread