Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2022, 09:54 PM   #171 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,572 Times in 7,058 Posts
Quote:
Don't you keep Skittles in the cupholder in your trunk?
Since you ask I don't have a cupholder or a trunk. Closest would be the frunk on the Superbeetle.

Do bodies people in trunks need a cup holder anyways?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-13-2022, 09:31 AM   #172 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,110 Times in 979 Posts
I would think people in a trunk or even a frunk would be in no position to partake of a cup holder.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:01 AM   #173 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I had almost finished summarizing this topic in a new thread when my laptop froze in a way I had never seen before.

I ended up lightly hosing the carpet on the driver's side and immediately vacuuming it. I emptied the canister five times before 2100, when it seemed that I needed to stop.

I blotted it twice with towels. I wanted to crack the windows so it could air out, but we have so many bugs that I didn't want to attract them with my currently-clean car.

I woke up at 6:45, put on my better shoes, cracked the windows, and put out my back seats and my worse shoes to dry.

They kept getting wet and it felt wrong to wear shoes in a car that I was spending all day to clean, so I removed them, got solution on my socks, and put the shoes back on when I got out.

I am sure that was great for my feet!
Old 07-17-2022, 03:32 AM   #174 (permalink)
Not Doug

Each time I try to work on projects it rains.

I am not sure that it keeps raining as soon as I go back inside.

I spent 4 hours washing dishes the other day and I more than half-filled a 100L tub with random plastic that Mom left in the right side of the sink and on the counter where allegedly she puts clean stuff, but I needed to clean all of it.

Today I saw 5 clients without air conditioning, got stopped allegedly going 43 MPH when my speedometer said 55, and since it was raining, I started breaking down boxes.

I need to take Mom's Christmas decorations back to storage and when I realized that Mom has 2 broken microwaves in the garage, with the broken awning frame, an old bed frame, and 2 busted radiators, I realized that it was time to make a trip to the recycler.

I wish that I knew where to take Mom's old glass jars and bottles. I have looked and there is nowhere around here and places in the valley stopped taking them.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:54 AM   #175 (permalink)
Growin a stash

Some people love old glass jars. Prob could sell those on Craigslist.

2024 Chevy Bolt

Previous:
2015 Nissan Leaf S, 164 mpge
Old 07-17-2022, 12:58 PM   #176 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,572 Times in 7,058 Posts
You have a 'recycler' (so called) and they don't take glass?

Old 07-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #177 (permalink)
Not Doug

My $100 carpet cleaner is almost as good as a spray bottle and a shop vac!

S & D Auto Wrecking LLC? I will ask about glass.

It kept raining, so I broke down 20 boxes, and recycled them.

I finally received my decoder glasses and flashlight today.

The dye arrived yesterday.

I vacuumed my Camry and the front seat of Mom's car.

I vacuumed the back seat before our trip.

I thought that the carpet cleaner would be the right tool for the job, but it is just prettier. I cannot find power information on it, while my shop vac has 3 HP, and multiple attachments.

Maybe you don't want to shoot water into crevices, but there were many places in Mom's car I couldn't clean with the one attachment, but a crevice tool would have fit perfectly.

"Shooting water" is a bit of an exaggeration, though, as I stated it was less useful than a spray bottle.

It pulled up this, though:

I'm not rotating that.

I filled it up another 5 times and it was still brown, but not as dark.

Once again I looked for the guy cleaning his carpet with a garden hose, but this time I found this fellow: He modified an air hose to connect to the faucet and bought a commercial carpet cleaner attachment.

That's cool, but the attachment is $123, the hose is $33, and the connectors are $27, so that would be $200, while a $40 shop vac can do all of the work.

That and my Hoover have a little button on the bottom of the handle that releases water at a 90° angle.

Can I just get one of those?!

I keep wondering about modifying my old carpet cleaner.

I am sure the hoses are the wrong size, but it is probably still weaker than my shop vac.

It is nice to have a clear vacuum attachment, but it pops off easily, so I need to hold it tightly.

It is nice to have clear tanks, but I fill them quickly.

I spent hours the other night looking at VRBOs in Phoenix because I have a procedure on the 8th. I don't have any experience with this and I only know silly women who have used air b and bs, so I asked the silliest ones I know, my sisters. They approved, so I was just going to make the reservation, but the price went up $25.

I tried to find a discount.

I found a cheaper condominium through airbnb. I was just ensuring that it has an elevator when I heard Mom ask my sister if I could stay there.
We discussed this yesterday! Why didn't someone bring it up then! I could have made the reservation already and these things aren't always refundable!

Mom still hasn't mentioned it, just making plans that involve me without involving me.

My brother's recliner was supposed to arrive six days ago. It supposedly shipped the other day. I keep checking and UPS said that it arrived today--in Missouri!

I reached out to Home Depot and they just kept saying to call back. I kept complaining and they ignored me.

I complained about Walmart giving my brother's Reece's Pieces popcorn to a neighbor and they gave me a $10 credit--on a $9.60 order!

It cost me $15 on eBay, though.

Once again I wanted to work on the cars the first thing this morning, but my family didn't wake up until noon!

Well, I am going to see how much faster my shop vac sucks compared to the carpet cleaner. I don't know if I can accomplish more before my client and I need to remove Mom's seats in order to really clean her car. My computer says it will rain soon and I still have my Accord seats in the garage, I don't have room for Mom's!

I really wanted to clean and reinstall them in the same day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mom's floor juice.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	32631  
Old 07-19-2022, 07:09 PM   #178 (permalink)
Not Doug

My $40 shop vac sucks 40% faster than my $100 portable carpet cleaner.

It holds almost six times as much waste, too.

By the way, no I didn't have the time to test this before seeing my client, but they didn't connect.

Each of these has half a gallon of water:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	292455773_449616543690155_3753038496078812402_n.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	32632   Click image for larger version

Name:	293956080_1492207887889362_3149034571423444622_n.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	32633  
Old 12-30-2022, 03:28 AM   #179 (permalink)
Not Doug

I haven't worked on my shed office in 5.5 months and I don't know when I will again.

Hopefully I finally get new tires in the morning. I am supposed to drive to Holbrook, see a client in-town, see a client in Pinetop, and then see a client on-line.

I am totally going to wake up early and work on my Accord this time!

I broke another crown while flossing. Another one came off a few years ago and a third is loose.

I tried to fix the first two. I sure hope I have better luck with this one!

Once again I am looking at going to Mexico for dental work, which isn't as convenient from northern Arizona!

This isn't encouraging!

Three implants cost $5,000 in Mexico?!

The dentist who looked at my loose crown said that he didn't have the right screwdrivers to tighten it.

Who hasn't been there?

Just not with teeth.

"Most crowns last between five and 15 years before needing to be replaced (or at least repaired)." Does Your Dental Crown Need to Be Replaced?

That crown is already several years old.

This just confuses me further!

Three all-porcelain crowns would cost $1,290--26.3% of what Dave Brock paid.

I just didn't realize that when I needed a root canal I would pay $1,000 for it, $1,000 for an implant, and $1,000 for a crown.

I sure hope that another dentist could reuse my implant!

Their root canals include posts and cost $300 or $320, so supposedly this would cost $2,250--less than half of what Dave paid!

They show several cities and Nogales would be the closest, 4:40 from Show Low, but a bit over 5 hours if I drive through Payson and avoid an hour of canyon driving.

The page says a dentist needs a Cerec or 3d CAD/CAM machine for same-day implants.
Quote:
If you have a regional passport location in your area, you can set an appointment to get a same day passport. You just have to present a proof that you have an appointment with a Mexico dentist. Here´s a link to regional passport centers: US Regional Passport Centers.
I have talked to many dang foreigners in other nations and looked into renewing my passport, but it never felt right.

I read that if you have plane tickets you can expedite your passport, but they weren't doing that.
Quote:
Routine 6 to 9 weeks
Expedited 3 to 5 weeks
Expedited at Agency Must have international travel within 14 calendar days
Processing Times

They link to a page, which leads me to the Western Passport Center in Tucson.
Quote:
If you prefer not to take the risk of it arriving late, you should plan to submit the application at a regional agency.

You can set up and appointment at the regional agency in Miami or DC. Of course, this means you have to travel there.
How can I get a new passport in 3 weeks?

In order to avoid mail delays, travel to D.C. or Florida in-person?

I would rather visit D.C., where I lived for 2 years, or Florida than Tucson, but Rome to Rio says that it is only 27 minutes faster to fly than to drive, but how long would it take to get off the plane, walk to baggage, retrieve your bag, and get out of the airport?

How long would it take to arrive at the airport, check in, go through security, etc.?

I looked into taking a train, but it would be 2:20 by shuttle, 5 minutes on a tram at Sky Harbor, 21 minutes by another tram.

The light rail?

A 14-minute bus ride, and then another 3 hours by bus.

Mexico Dentist: Advantages and Disadvantages of Getting Dental Work in Mexico

What does any of this have to do with my shed office?! I watched a video that mentioned these! Esonie LED Construction String Lights 50FT

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mexico-Dentist-Cost-Comparison.png
Views:	31
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	33135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mexico-Dentist-Prices.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	33136   Click image for larger version

Name:	612rbuiC1+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	33137  

Last edited by Xist; 01-09-2023 at 06:17 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread