Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Need VX's plugs 4, 6 pin location numbers

Phenomenal thread NachtRitter

I have been looking a long time for a 94-95 Civic VX and as being in Calf. I was stuck with the Calf. car mainly and after looking at many and rejecting them I decided it would be to costly to go out of state to find one. I finally got a CA. 1993 Vx and have using the suggestions on getting the best MPG so I cleaned engine stuff out, raised tire pressure and bought a set of Osidetiger's Custom Fuel Injectors. I'm up to 40 mpg city. But don't have mpg gauge yet.

So now I'm ready to proceed to NachtRitter's excellent article on converting my car to a Fed one. I just ordered from Ebay a NGK NTK # 24300 L2H2 L1H1 5-wire Wideband Oxygen Sensor for $139 and I'm bidding on a computer. But my reason for joining is that I need help finding the pin locations for the civic 4 and 8 pin. I've tried googling them. NachtRitter displayed only the 6 pin one. I would like to find the pictures of these plugs pins numbers so I can start wiring the harness.

Last edited by Malrens; 10-09-2013 at 06:08 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I meant I needed the 8 and 4 pin plug diagrams

I meant I needed the 8 and 4 pin plug diagrams
Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
do you mean the honda plugs that he wired for the jumper harness? or do you need a diagram of the ecu pins? theres no real cut and dry way of wiring the harness plugs up. heck you dont even have to use honda connectors it just makes it look a heck of alot cleaner. as long as you have the right wires going to the right wires. the only honda connector that needs to be honda is the connector that the o2 directly plugs into.

do you have a fax machine? i could fax you the federal factory wiring diagram for whatever year vx you would like.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I meant the honda plugs for the jumper harness.

Thanks for the offer and I would like those pin diagrams but I have no fax just email. The reason for using Honda wiring harness connectors in NachtRitter's thread is so it is easily to change back in case of Calf. smogging problems. It would be nice to see the wiring connections directly to the harness to support the new 5 wire O2 sensor and ecu by someone who has done it.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
oh ok. i didnt realize the california vxs had the wiring from the shock tower to the ecu already there for the 5 wire. learn somthing new every day!!

it seems as though he already described where each wire is supposed to go. there is probably no diagram unless he drew one up himself. if you want to do it precisely how he did it i suggest asking him on the diy thread itself. maybe he could take a couple more pics for you.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes he does a fine job of descibing each pin number going to the othe plug pin numbers but I would feel better if I could see the numbers on the plugs. If I have too I will use What cbaber suggested.

" Follow the pin diagram you posted as a template for the other plugs. For example on the 4 pin plug MALE side, top left is 1, top right 2, bottom left 3, and so on. For the FEMALE side simply flip the numbers horizontally. Same thing on the 8 pin plug, but with more numbers. This is assuming that the latch is considered the top of each plug."

Here is what NachtRitter posted earlier.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Hi Malrens... Thanks for the kudos!

I just looked at my original thread and realized that the pic I had showing the pinouts for the 4 & 6 pin plugs is gone... That's what I get for linking to someone else's pic. The best I could find is the below pic from this thread: need pinouts: 92-95 civic shock tower - Honda-Tech

A bit fuzzy, but you can tell what number goes where. Basically the numbering works the same regardless of the number of pins... left to right, then top to bottom... or verse vicey if you are looking at the sockets.

~NR
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you NachtRitter for the pics and responding to me on this separate thread. I thought I was just posting on your original thread. Well live and learn. Once I have completed Calf. conversion to Fed. I will report on your original thread the results.

Reply  Post New Thread