Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Slowpoke - '06 Saturn Vue Base
90 day: 22.88 mpg (US)
I'M planing on installing a front grille block, as my truck has some kind on a lip on the bottom of the front bumper so air is directed right into the raditator, so this means I can block all the front end and the rad will still get enough air to cool the engine.

I was looking into installing a kill switch but my battery doesn't seem to like it, so I'll pass and continue to P&G engine idling.

Still when I'll get my vacuum gauge and my ultragauge it'll be a lot easier to DWL.

Now I'm looking into tuning up my Tercel as I will probably start hypermiling with it when I'll get back to work.

Question here, how can I have that square with all my stats in my signature?

Edit: MetroMpg: I looked into your thread about your Civic and I thought over sizing was a good idea. I bought 17 rims this summer and they had 235/60 tires but now that I got this hypermiling thinking, I'll stick with 215 and 65 profile. So narrower and a tiny bit bigger, I originaly wanted to got 215/70 to get 3.5% bigger but it nearly inexistant in 215 width. Tires play a big part in fuel eonomy, so I also looked into Low Rolling Resistance tires. Can't wait to see real eye popping numbers next summer.

Last edited by BenArcher006; 12-09-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-15-2014, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Just received my vacuum gauge, no red, yellow or green zone, but from what I learned, the best zone to be in is between 12 and 20 for maximum fuel economy!

I'll be installing my xmas gift from me to me tomorrow morning? Yahoo!

Last edited by BenArcher006; 12-15-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Old 12-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I've been playing with my UltraGauge and monitoring my fuel efficency for a couple of weeks now and I was thinking about a complete front grille block and flush wheel caps. So this morning I've planned to go to the store to buy some coroplast to do some ecomodding on the Vue.

As I'm coming out and walking up to the truck, I see a 5 feet long by 3 feet large piece of black coroplast lying in the parking. What a coincidence! Haha!

Finally went to the store to buy zip-ties and did my front grille block, it cost me 6 $ instead of 40. Still I'll have to buy a 32x48po piece of black coroplast to do my wheel caps.

Now I'm wondering if I should cover the 2 smaller grille on each sides of the bumper even if they are not hollow, so that with the covers they would be flush with the bumper, what do you guys think?

Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_02-1.png
Views:	17
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	16712  

Reply  Post New Thread