Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2022, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

New Fuel Economy Information site

Frustrated by bad publicity about good technologies that work well when done right — but almost never are…

Frustrated by exaggerated claims about good technologies that almost always work — to a degree…

Frustrated by lack of information on good technologies few folks know about but work EXTREMELY well…

Frustrated by total and complete mis-information widely propagated on a variety of topics…

And finally, frustrated by high fuel prices…

I spent literally weeks creating numerous web pages on various topics, as well as posting videos to help educate the masses. Of course there will be some here that adamantly disagree with some of the claims (opinions) I make, but I touch on over 30 years of working in the Fuel Economy field. This represents a snippet of my “opinions” based on my experience. I am recognized by the US Federal Courts as a “Fuel Economy Expert” (earned the hard way, sad to say), and was the technical back-bone for more than one recognizable technology. However, that does not mean I know everything.

You are invited to review the material, and offer constructive feedback. I’m sure you will learn something new. I read the posted guidelines, have lurked for a couple months now, reading through several interesting threads, and finally feel comfortable bringing this to the Ecomodder family. Here are the links:

MPGenie Program | Ecoceptor

Ecoceptor Videos | Ecoceptor

These are direct links not yet linked from the home page.

aerohead (07-28-2022), Isaac Zachary (05-04-2022), MeteorGray (05-07-2022), pgfpro (07-06-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Good on you.

I poked around a bit. The only constructive criticism would be on the Products page, the statement "There are several reasons why these HHO generators haven’t become more popular." should have it's meaning reversed: "There are several reasons why [my] HHO generator [should] become more popular.

I'll keep the tab open.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
mpgmike (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

There are several major upgrades I need to do to the overall site, updating the Products Page being one of the big ones. Most of what is listed there is not really for sale anymore. The HHO cells are not ours, but from a small inventory we acquired (a little over 100 units). We have no intent to make more. Furthermore, they are 304 stainless, and not the best quality. They make for inexpensive "let's have some fun" type cells, or something for a small engine/motorcycle. The best HHO cells I've ever been pleasured to use are from Ed Grimm (retired NASA) at Infinity Industrial in Clearwater, FL (although they don't list their HHO systems on their main web site).

References to HHO (on the Expounding on Expansion page) really relate to any decent system, not the egg beaters in a glass jar crap.
freebeard (05-04-2022)
Old 05-05-2022, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

"Frustrated by bad publicity about good technologies that work well when done right — but almost never are…"

One excellent example is using magnets on the fuel line. Here is my take on it:

Magnet Mysteries
Old 05-07-2022, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

"Frustrated by total and complete mis-information widely propagated on a variety of topics…"

There are probably hundreds if not thousands of laboratory and university studies focusing on aspects of what happens in the cylinder during a combustion cycle. Having read dozens, there are a couple observations that are almost never talked about. I believe improved Combustion Efficiency (a means to better fuel economy) can only be achieved when these critical aspects are considered.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Perhaps more appropriate for the Unicorn section, I did a video a couple years ago outlining some of the highlights in . Of course it features Pogue, Ogle, and Smokey Yunick, but also a whole host of other folks most people never heard of.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I know of Charles Pogue and Smokey Yunick is legendary. I'll have to watch to find out who Ogle is.

mpgmike (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Tom Ogle was from El Paso, Texas area. He invented an evaporative system -- Patented in 1979 -- where the fuel tank was part of the fuel delivery system. He was filmed driving from El Paso to Demming, New Mexico and most of the way back in a 1970 Ford (I want to say) Galaxie 500, achieving 104 MPG. It made national headlines at the time, and was certified legit by some guys with credentials. I was fortunate enough to talk to the engineer that was charged with getting it production worthy, hired by the guy that bought Ogle's patent. Quite a story!
freebeard (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 11:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

At 1:46: "When gas was expensive and scarce" 28.9 and 31.9.

Daryl Chapin was one of three credited with inventing the solar cell at Bell Labs in 1954. He was related to our neighbor and so I saw, as a mere sprout, the humble beginning of the solar car industry. He had a 1/10th scale car with cells on the roof and when he shone a flashlight on it it would move and when he took it away it stopped.

Comes now Aptera.

mpgmike (05-10-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 10:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

As somewhat of a partner to the Fuel Economy History video is the Super Carbs page.

There are some links to Smokey Yunick Heat Cycle Engine in that section. Real stuff, not just drawings!