Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Tadpole - '89 Honda CRX HF
90 day: 60.33 mpg (US)
new guy, very successful ecomodder ecomodder

I am at the bottom of the learning curve to operate on this site. If there is another coyote_X, sorry, the administrator indicated coyoteX was available. I don't fully understand the 5 post requirement before adding pictures. Do I need to post at least 5 times to other threads before I can add photos here?

In reply to Gealii's post, an improvement of 5-10 mpg can be realized by re-configuring how the air gets in and out of the radiator. Most cars are designed for the worst case scenarios, 100+ outside temp, sitting still in traffic with A/C on.

On my buddies '01 Sunfire, it only required removing the diverter piece of plastic just inside the front air opening. The piece of plastic under the car that looks like an air dam. It was located too far behind the bumper. Removing the phony wing off of the trunk lid. Those stupid looking things only create drag you will never drive fast enough for any improved down force. You can create more downforce with a diffusser and create reduced drag at the same time. After removing those aero inefficient parts, it was just a matter of making a mask for the front that smoothed out the airflow, making certain that the farthest point forward was the lowest part of the car. This is the most important factor when playing with airflow on cars in general, "the farthest forward part must be the lowest part.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteX View Post
I . Do I need to post at least 5 times to other threads before I can add photos here?
Just 5 post, they can all be in this thread.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Make three more posts with nothing in them but your name, just to reach five total. Then you will be able to post photos.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
The 5 post minimum is to deter spammers and others from using the site for free advertising.

regards
mech

Reply  Post New Thread