Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

2k2Prot5 - '02 Mazda Protege5
90 day: 33.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
I should add: I'm working on an arrangment for a good SG price for Canadian members. Let me know if you want to go that route.
When you say "members", does that mean donating members, or just everyone that sits here wasting the work day away reading threads?

Stuey, I'm from Georgetown, currently living in London. The guy that sits beside me is from Ingersoll. And yeah, I've always called your car "a fancy civic"

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Welcome to EM...

I often visit Canada and wonder why we never got the EL / CSX here. It's a great idea -- a true compact luxury vehicle.

I guess they want to sell more higher-dollar Acuras here...

I vote for pics too!

Best FE to ya...

RH77

_
_
Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
MazdaMatt - anybody will be able to order from the Cdn source. Just waiting to hear back from him. He was going to put up a web page with details.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 08-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Lenny - '01 Acura EL Touring
90 day: 38.21 mpg (US)
Sounds good about getting the SG supplier, any idea of a timeline on that? Is it worth waiting to get one?

As for the weekend trip, I'm back, and I'm not exactly sure how to interpret my results. Normally I drive alone, empty trunk. This trip ended up with 2 other passengers, and the trunk packed as full as possible with camping gear, clothes, and food.

Unfortunately I needed to pull the car battery for a few hours to power a prank we were pulling off, and the second after I unplugged the battery I realized I forgot to write down the trip meter reading but I do remember what the reading was just after the time i filled up before that (the one i spoke about above where i drove 250 km) so going by that I might be off by at most 10km, i drove 570.2km and got approx 7.5 L/100km.

That's the mileage I'd get on a bad day of driving alone going 120 (without grille blocks) and due to time constraints (gates to the campground close early.. and my girlfriend really wanted to be there already, haha) I wasn't able to drive in the most fuel efficient manner, so I think the guards made a difference. The next few weeks will have the final say when I can get back to my normal routine.

As for the pictures, I have them, they're coming, I'm just at work right now so I can't post them.

RH77, I think the reason you guys don't have EL/CSX is because the states market for the longest time has been about SUVs, and up here a lot more people prefer smaller cars and hatchbacks (I believe we've had quite a few hatch's you've never had either) but times are changing, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the next-gen CSX down there whenever it's designed/produced.

MazdaMatt, hey neighbour! Hehe.. I know it's a fancy civic, but I drove my grandmother's Civic for a few weeks while trying to sell it (it was a 2002) and while the interior has a bunch of similarities, there are just so many little things different that I was going crazy over. Seat isn't height adjustable, mirrors werent heated (or powered, but that's just a trim level issue) seats weren't as comfy, fuel econ was miserable compared to my engine/tranny (yaay for automatics!) and the smaller wheels (and being steelies) were wayy louder than mine. Plus the interior trim is higher qual in the EL.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Lenny - '01 Acura EL Touring
90 day: 38.21 mpg (US)
The pics are here!

Still haven't actually driven enough to warrant a fill up... but I fear this tank isn't going to be one of my best.. not quite sure where it went wrong. But anywho, you guys asked for some pics, so here are some pics, the first one is of the car like.. 4 years ago (doesn't look much different but it was a good shot cuz I just finished polishing it so I like the pic)

The other two are of the lexan vent covers I made. I took the pics today, so that's them after about 1000km.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elcopy.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1443   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_33772.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_33782.jpg
Views:	18