Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
I understand the bed sides are 2 part, and where to 2 parts go together isn't painted, just joint sealer.
That's news to me but based on everything I've seen I won't try to refute it. I never saw beds separated when I was a lot boy. We did remove/replace a few, but they were always in one piece when we did that.

These guys make 84-95 Toyota beds in solid fiberglass from cheap to steep, and Chevy S-10 beds in similar grades. If you're bucks-up, that's an option and no future body rot to worry about. Well, not rust anyway.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read the bed side splits where the rust likes to start.

Anyway, i'm getting backwards progress , now the truck don't want to start lol. Fuel delivery problem. If I put gas down the carb it fires right up and dies. Fuel pump is new, maybe fuel filter, or lack of a fuel filter? Carb seems to have some gas in it, pumping it does squirt gas out.

Yesterday I tried to tackle the other 2wd 1 ton driver's door, still can't get it opened. I sprayed it with some lube so hopefully over time it will unlock. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to sneak a saw blade in and cut the loop the door latches on. Probably not keeping that cab anyway, but I do need to pull parts off it etc yet.

Hopefully I can report some progress soon, and get onto the ecomodding part of the truck lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Filter's where I would start. If it sat for a while, it might just be varnish in there. I think it's under the passenger side somewhere ahead of the rear wheel, but before you get to the cab. On mine it is, anyway.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Got the truck running again, guy at the parts store said before he knew much about cars he had an 88 carbed, and he thinks now the float was just sticking, just randomly died on him one day and wouldn't start back up. Tapped on the carb and heard the float drop. Runs as good or slightly better now .

Might give seafoam a shot in the tank to see if it will loosen up the buildup that is making it stick. If not I have a 2nd carb they gave me to fix it. If that flops I'll just have to clean and/or rebuild the carb.

Bought air filter, fuel filter, and water pump to get started on it. On shift at work so idk when I'll get it done, air filter of course was 3 mins lol.

Another good thing not really related to this thread, yesterday and today the corolla got really good mpg even though it isn't "hot" out. MPG gauge said 45 and 50mpg for yesterday and today. It isn't calibrated, but it isn't super far off. Been having a hard time getting over 40mpg on it, and driving 55-60mph was running 34-36mpg, just wasn't right, I'm thinking it might be the EGR valve sticking, bad primary O2 sensor, or the CAT is in fact going back (seems to act up in cycles). Check engine light comes on rarely with a CAT inefficiency code, and normally when that happens, I'm getting good mpg but going faster or on take off

Reply  Post New Thread