Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saguache View Post
The cargo space behind the rear row is spacious, but hight may be the limiting factor when it comes to adding a disability scooter or a davit to lift the device in and out. That said, with some professional modification work there is a lot of empty space under the deck. Someone who knew what they were about could fix this by clearing out the spare tire and modifying the vehicle, even adding an electric ramp for the buggy.
Such rear floorpan lowering mods to provide access to wheelchairs or disability scooters are not so unusual in Europe, but I have never found any info about that into a Prius V. Anyway, sometimes it can even require the fuel tank to be relocated or replaced. IIRC the Prius V's traction battery is located in the same spot as in the Prius C, so at least it may not impose another issue to such project.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thats why I mentioned the "crane". Those need 3 points to mount to in the rear of a vehicle and they can be had for sedans of all shapes and sizes. Then the mobility device that is lifted can be disassembled while the trunk is opened and folded up likewise for the crane assembly.

I saw a prius v the other day and the rear looked similar to a riced out highlander with clear or chrome tail lights. Other than those horrible tail lights it "looked" roomie.

Having said that Ive tried a few vehicles with sliding rear seats and its an either or. You get room for rear passengers or room for rear cargo, but not both.

Granted Im a foot taller and 100 lbs heavier than anyone in my family I could put my mother and father in my insight. Then a walker in the trunk and folded up the 40% seat behind the driver and placed a second walker or my fathers wheelchair there.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

I have never seen either a Prius V or the Prius C, not even when I went to Uruguay where the C is officially available. Anyway, I don't remember where I have found some charts comparing the interior volume of the V to a RAV-4 and claiming that the V was roomier.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
I have never seen either a Prius V or the Prius C, not even when I went to Uruguay where the C is officially available. Anyway, I don't remember where I have found some charts comparing the interior volume of the V to a RAV-4 and claiming that the V was roomier.
Rooster, actually saw my first one up close at the store yesterday. And based on what you said I would tend to believe it. That sucker was BIG!!! It it even on the same 'footprint' as the gen1 Prius?

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Old 07-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrews View Post
It it even on the same 'footprint' as the gen1 Prius?
I guess you meant the Prius liftback, not the 1st-gen which always seemed to be based on the earliest generation of the Echo/Yaris. Anyway, the V seems to be based around the same floorpan as the liftback.

Reply  Post New Thread