Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Spiffie.org MPGuino not getting past contrast page

Hello,

I recently compeleted the construction of the Spiffie.org v2 kit. When I plug it into my USB port the MPGuino gets stuck on the contrast page. Pressing the buttons gives no response. I updated the source code on the device to the latest version.

I thought that it might be a voltage issue from reading some other posts. I measered the open circuit voltage of my USB port and got 5V. On my board though I get 4.3 volts in the system. I made this measurement by measuring between pins 1 and 2 on the LCD. I also revieved the same reacing when measuring between the hot pin on the LCD and the groudning pin of the voltage regulator. Could my difficulty be a voltage problem? I might have a problem with my buttons, but I would like to rule out this problem before I go on down that path.

Thank You,

Doug Powell

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread