Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #81 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NOVA
Posts: 22

SI - '93 Honda Civic SI
90 day: 35.69 mpg (US)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, I bit.... Donated, looking forward to playing with this thing

  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #82 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 608
Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Well here is my 2 cents worth.

I clicked on this http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...able-6914.html

And made a donation and got a email later that same day from Amy that it was being shipped...

Also for more info check: MPGuino - EcoModder

It uses the cars VSS for speed and the pulse wirth of the injector for fuel used...should be totally free from any fooling of the cars system.

Rich

Last edited by racprops; 10-08-2009 at 05:39 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #83 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Eddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 142

Eddles's Astra - '01 Vauxhall Astra ECO4
90 day: 61.03 mpg (US)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker111 View Post
Hello, new to this site....

Drive a 93 civic Si and am interested in this MPGuino thing, reading, people have ordered them recently, have you guys recieved them? Where can I find more details on it? I'd like to order one, but would also like to feel more comfy in doing so.

Jim
Got mine a long time ago, but still not fitted it as not 100% sure where to get the injector signal from and don't have time right now :/ It's not quite that easy for my car as the injectors are just glorified metal tubes - the actual metering is done internally in the fuel pump itself where the injector computer is also located. My only chance to get the MPGuino working is to find a wire carrying a pulsed signal from the main engine computer to the injector computer. However, I believe my chances of finding this wire is fairly slim.
__________________

My aim: to achieve 3L/100km.
Best tank @ 65mph: 864.2 miles 69.36MPGus 3.4l/100km
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #84 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 608
Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Injector

What make and model car are you talking about??

I know chevy came up with something that sounds like what you talking about, a center one or two injectors with feed tubes to send the fuel to the cylinders, a crappy system... but it worked..like on the V6 in a S 10 pickup.

Should be able to get to the center injector and hook up.

Rich



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddles View Post
Got mine a long time ago, but still not fitted it as not 100% sure where to get the injector signal from and don't have time right now :/ It's not quite that easy for my car as the injectors are just glorified metal tubes - the actual metering is done internally in the fuel pump itself where the injector computer is also located. My only chance to get the MPGuino working is to find a wire carrying a pulsed signal from the main engine computer to the injector computer. However, I believe my chances of finding this wire is fairly slim.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #85 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Eddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 142

Eddles's Astra - '01 Vauxhall Astra ECO4
90 day: 61.03 mpg (US)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
What make and model car are you talking about??

I know chevy came up with something that sounds like what you talking about, a center one or two injectors with feed tubes to send the fuel to the cylinders, a crappy system... but it worked..like on the V6 in a S 10 pickup.

Should be able to get to the center injector and hook up.

Rich
'01 Vauxhall Astra with the Isuzu 1.7 litre Circle L engine. It uses the older direct injection system rather than the newer common rail injection system. It apparently uses the Denso V5 fuel pump.
__________________

My aim: to achieve 3L/100km.
Best tank @ 65mph: 864.2 miles 69.36MPGus 3.4l/100km
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #86 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 608
Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Sorry not much on the imports....

Best of luck...

Rich
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #87 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Eddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 142

Eddles's Astra - '01 Vauxhall Astra ECO4
90 day: 61.03 mpg (US)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
Sorry not much on the imports....

Best of luck...

Rich
What you mean by "imports"?

But thanks!
__________________

My aim: to achieve 3L/100km.
Best tank @ 65mph: 864.2 miles 69.36MPGus 3.4l/100km
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #88 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 608
Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Sorry I always get a kick out who's/what is a import...

I am in Phoenix AZ. USA and to us/me a Vauxhall with a Iszuz motor is a car made somewere other than the USA (even if they do have a factory here...) and thus is called and considered a " Import..."

Rich
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #89 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice
 
Eddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, England
Posts: 142

Eddles's Astra - '01 Vauxhall Astra ECO4
90 day: 61.03 mpg (US)
Thanks: 41
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
Sorry I always get a kick out who's/what is a import...

I am in Phoenix AZ. USA and to us/me a Vauxhall with a Iszuz motor is a car made somewere other than the USA (even if they do have a factory here...) and thus is called and considered a " Import..."

Rich
I did get a kick out of it too when you called my car an "import" as the factory that built my car is only a hour and a bit away in the same country as where I live Hell, my good friend lives a scant 10 mins drive from the factory so I go past it every time I visit him. However, the engine is Polish built, which is a fair bit of distance away from here...

But to top it all, Vauxhall is actually GM under a different name, so it's slightly more closer to home than you think!
__________________

My aim: to achieve 3L/100km.
Best tank @ 65mph: 864.2 miles 69.36MPGus 3.4l/100km
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #90 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 608
Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
I know all that.... but it is still a Import here and thus parts are harder to find.

Cost more too.

Rich

  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MPGuino release one workspace dcb OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer 1061 01-17-2020 02:37 AM
For Sale Preassembled MPGUINO NEW $45. randall OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer 1 10-24-2009 05:13 PM
MPGuino, Preassembled BRAND NEW Sean T. For Sale 4 10-22-2009 08:00 PM
Brand New MPGuino Preassembled Sean T. For Sale 1 06-17-2009 02:02 AM



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com