Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoMod Proof of Concept

WD-40's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
Team Honda
90 day: 56.04 mpg (US)

WD-40's Mirage - '15 Mitsubushi Mirage ES
Mitsubishi
90 day: 46.05 mpg (US)

WD-40's Sonata Hybrid - '17 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited
How much are we talking for a tuned/tunable ECU for a 92 VX, are you planning on doing a core exchange?

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I hope you realize I am not criticizing or anything negative at all. I am just curious why you do not sell the tunbes uwrite, in addition to this. If I built up my car, I would not want to trade to yours and have to do everything again, I would rather just buythe tune.

From your responses, it seems like you may take my responses as criticisms or speculation, rather, I am just curious about the potential missed opportunities that could net you more income: selling tunes, and/or doing aerodynamic modifications.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I am just curious why you do not sell the tunes u write
They are also going to sell the tunes / chipped ECU's. They had another thread explaining this, but it got merged back into this one and is no longer the first post…
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen View Post
we will also have Tuned ECU's for Civic HX models to drastically increase Lean Burn capability, and to aid in hypermiling and MPG savings.
They are also interested in swapping 92-00 cars with their more efficient setup. A good option for people who are in need of an engine replacement or transmission replacement or people who just want to improve a civics gas mileage.
I think they plan on selling prototype cars as well, so if you are struggling to find a clean VX or want a newer bodystyle with VX or better stats, this could also be a good option for you.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Aerofocus (retired) - '00 Ford Focus ZX3
90 day: 44.66 mpg (US)

The Red Baron (sold) - '93 Geo Metro
90 day: 44.1 mpg (US)
Any Pricing information? I'm pretty interested because im planning on an ultimate MPG car and ECU is the only thing I don't have the capabilities/knowledge to do.

Also, you need a website to start getting to word out
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
See I talked to him pesonally an the ecus are reasonable. The can and will also do a 02 delete so no more 200$ sensors. It runs off of map sensor. I'm just torn weather to keep the vx stock or to chase bigger mpg with ecu. Not to threadjack sorry. If you pm he'll tell you a price for obd1 setup not my place to post.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovr41991 View Post
They are also going to sell the tunes / chipped ECU's. They had another thread explaining this, but it got merged back into this one and is no longer the first post…

They are also interested in swapping 92-00 cars with their more efficient setup. A good option for people who are in need of an engine replacement or transmission replacement or people who just want to improve a civics gas mileage.
I think they plan on selling prototype cars as well, so if you are struggling to find a clean VX or want a newer bodystyle with VX or better stats, this could also be a good option for you.
I must have missed that part. I've read the whole thread, but it has been a while since then.

A mass produced simple belly pan or air dam could be pretty profitable . Aero wise, and cash wise

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #37 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Quote:
A mass produced simple belly pan or air dam could be pretty profitable . Aero wise, and cash wise
Yep. Especially for the mass produced 92-00 civics out there. I could see them having it being a 2 or 3 piece set so they could easily interchange between a sedan, coupe, and hatchback. All three body styles would share the same frontal engine area, but the 2nd or 3rd pieces would cater to the length of the car.
The shop seems to take pride in the appearance of the cars and being able to drive them under “normal” conditions. So doing things like a belly pan is very appealing to them as it adds value, but is not visible. It would also be a good opportunity for them to design grill blocks that would appear stock and other “classy” looking area mods.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #38 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

chrisgerman1983 - '96 chevrolet astro
90 day: 14.02 mpg (US)
Quote:
I must have missed that part. I've read the whole thread, but it has been a while since then.

I was thinking the same thing, but as a business there are a lot of liability issues to worry about. If you or I build a grill block and belly pan and the car overheats and blows a head gasket it is our own fault. If somebody buys a car that they expect to perform flawlessly and the same happens then it is a big problem. Or if a belly pan comes loose and takes out a brake line... sometimes keeping it "simple" (not that ECU reprogramming is simple) is the best way.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Team Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgerman1983 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but as a business there are a lot of liability issues to worry about. If you or I build a grill block and belly pan and the car overheats and blows a head gasket it is our own fault. If somebody buys a car that they expect to perform flawlessly and the same happens then it is a big problem. Or if a belly pan comes loose and takes out a brake line... sometimes keeping it "simple" (not that ECU reprogramming is simple) is the best way.
Most aftermarket companies get around this by saying “not for street use” or “for off road use only.” Expect the same to be done here. Although many people buy the products and use them on their street cars, the legal responsibility falls on the driver for using said products on the street.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #40 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Happy Thanksgiving Ecomodders!!!

and to all you HX owners out there...........

1st ECU is tuned and we are proud to announce that we are seeing similar results as the VX setup. Lean Burn in 3rd 4th and 5th with a more pronounced VTEC for when you want "power". as well as some extra features. No more wondering if your in lean burn because if your in 5th gear at all....YOU ARE.....
No more buying $200-$300 5 wire 02 sensors.... no more wishing you had lean burn in 3rd and 4th..... because merry Christmas you DO!!!!!

we are beginning to get our first ECu's ready for order in the next week or 2.

thanks everyone!!

The Following User Says Thank You to mugen For This Useful Post:
1carnut (11-25-2012)
Reply  Post New Thread