Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Events & Meet-ups
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Johnny Mullet Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
Here are the results..................

It looks like we may have more people attending than I expected so if you want to help out with drinks and food, that would be great! There is a local grocery store if you do not want to travel with food.

Please note that unfortunately, the Drive-In will be closed on Labor Day weekend, so sorry about that. They were open later in previous years.

We are having a "Fun Run" after lunch and all lining up to head north on Route 7 to go to Conneaut, Ohio to a Lake Erie park. You cannot come this far without seeing Lake Erie! I think this would be awesome to see a bunch of us cruising at the speed limit to the lake. From there we can part ways for those who have to get back and the remaining can hang out at Lake Village campground between lots 19 and 27.

Here is the pavilion shots.............

Here are a few shots of a campsite and a rental cabin that is still available if Metroshultz is staying in Ashtabula................

GeoMetroforum.com - got mpg?

Last edited by Johnny Mullet; 08-03-2008 at 09:58 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Steady as she goes

Shooting Star - '95 geo metro
90 day: 59.91 mpg (US)

HUFFER - '98 Buick Riviera Super Charged
90 day: 30.69 mpg (US)

Kandy, Flake-n-Flames - '96 Buick Riviera Base
90 day: 32.13 mpg (US)

Blue Z - '07 Nissan 350Z coupe
90 day: 34.13 mpg (US)
We should get a thread going for what people are bringing...soda, chips, rolls, ice, meat, etc.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to go about it....Johnny, Do you have an estimate of how many people.... And we'll start a list with the big items and put our names to which items each of us ae getting, That way we're not all standing around eating 13 bags of potato chips

I'll also glady kick in (money wise) for the meat

How about a 1 Litre Street rod?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #63 (permalink)
nut

Metro XFi - '93 Geo Metro XFi Convertible
90 day: 62.17 mpg (US)

DR650SE - '07 Suzuki DR650SE
90 day: 55.26 mpg (US)
Send a message via MSN to Coyote X
It looks like my plans are basically set now. I am bringing a friend with me, she is on a cruiser(Hyosung GV650, a sweet bike) so I will be riding paved roads to get there. We will get to the campground on Friday night and set up camp. Saturday we will probably head out exploring the area and just cruising around. If there are a few others who are going to be there Saturday we should get together and do something. I have to work Monday so I will be heading for home around 5-6PM Sunday. It is a 6 hour ride to get home if I go straight home and don't speed much. Speeding isn't much fun with knobbies.

I need to check my pack on my bike but since it is only a 2 night stay I will probably have a bit of room in a saddlebag to bring some small Metro parts if anyone needs something little and is going to be there. I don't see much point in bringing food with me but I have no problems picking up something and bringing with me Sunday. As we get closer to the meet I am sure we will figure out what is needed.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
Addicted

bbjsw10 - '91 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 51.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote X View Post
y I will probably have a bit of room in a saddlebag to bring some small Metro parts if anyone needs something little and is going to be
If you have it need a radio surround. Kinda big to bring on the bike though. Just look at my thread you will see what I am missing.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #65 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

If I counted right, it looks like about 11 people may show up as of now. This does not include anyone who is bringing a friend or wife, etc, so it could be up to 20. I will start a new thread if needed closer to the date for ideas on pitching in for the meet. We can also ditch the dogs and burgers and if we all pitch in, we could grill up some Italian sausage, chicken, steaks, whatever. The wife is making macaroni and potato salad.

For those of you coming a day early or more, there are lots of places to see in Ashtabula County! We are the "Covered Bridge Capitol" of the world! There are 4 covered bridges off my road alone and like 14 in the county. There is also Lake Erie. Oh yeah! Some of you have to go a few miles into Linesville, PA and check out the Spillway where you can feed the fish.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
This sounds like it's going to be fun.

Hmmm... 650 km from the 1000 Islands... Only problem is I'm going to be about 1800 km east of there on a sailing schooner that weekend.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Addicted

bbjsw10 - '91 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 51.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
This sounds like it's going to be fun.

Hmmm... 650 km from the 1000 Islands... Only problem is I'm going to be about 1800 km east of there on a sailing schooner that weekend.
That sucks I would have loved to seen your kammback first hand.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #68 (permalink)
XFi
Driving NOW

Now - '07 Hyundai Accent GS

Xspire - '97 Ford Aspire
90 day: 47.9 mpg (US)
Have Tent - Will Travel

Well, looks like I'm jumping in with both feet

Since my Wife is accompanying me to the meet...I went to Cabella's and bought a tent. Besides my Bivy Tent for hiking, it has been years since I have purchased one (especially a respectable size tent). Walmart and Target are definately less money, but I wanted something that would hopefully last more than a season or two. The wife wanted a tent with a higher ceiling height to avoid any claustrophobic feelings. Wound up getting a newer model tent for the older model's closeout pricing (since they were out of stock).

Doesn't look like we will be staying at the camp site both nights (Holiday Inn the second night). So if anyone wants to camp Sunday Evening at our site, I don't think that will be a problem (already paid for). Just throwing that out there if someone doesn't want a late drive home. (site only, no tent or supplies ).

Also, I will bring a few packs of hot dogs and matching buns/condiments as well as a bag of chips or two. See you there!
Old 08-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #69 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Post # 69!

Just to let you all know, I went down yesterday and paid for the reservations for the "Cabin Beach" pavilion at the park. I guess there are like 4 pavilions, but the one we are going to is the only one I was aware of.

I was going to reserve it when starting this thread, but I wanted to make sure we had some interest first. Don't worry, I had a deposit on holding it, so we would not have been bumped or anything like that.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #70 (permalink)
XFi
Driving NOW

Now - '07 Hyundai Accent GS

Xspire - '97 Ford Aspire
90 day: 47.9 mpg (US)
Spreading the Word

Posted the meet at FordFestiva.com and FordAspire.com to encourage turnout and new members Plus I may feel a little more secure with more Festivas/Aspires there (instead of being surrounded by a multitude Metros).

FordFestiva.com Forums

Ford Aspire Com - The Internet's #1 Ford Aspire and Kia Avella Resource! -> OHIO/PA MPG MEET Festivas & Aspires Needed

Reply  Post New Thread