Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni LiCalsi View Post
Global corporations are soulless and do not care about preserving the ecology of earth.
Yes, corporations are soulless, and don't care about anything but making profits. But guess what? They don't make profits unless you choose to buy the stuff they make.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Getting those investors to accept lower returns or marginal returns from more eco-friendly investments in exchange for securing the future of the great-grandchildren they refuse to have? Good luck.
Yah, because an all-powerful, totalitarian government would do SO much better at protecting the environment than them evil, greedy capitalists that people here are so quick to vilify.

The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
CFECO (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Japan plans nuclear reactor meltdown to help prevent another Fukushima disaster - World News

Inside the ‘No-Go Zone’: Searching for Answers at Japan’s Fukushima Nuclear Plant - ABC News

Old 01-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Reverse-Trike EV

We are all doomed to Hell! President Eisenhower warned us about the military madness.
I'm hoping that the extraterrestrials will let me hitch a ride out of this Hell Hole!

http://youtu.be/CWiIYW_fBfY

Re: Depleted Uranium is the Pride of Civilisation - YouTube

Last edited by Giovanni LiCalsi; 01-09-2014 at 08:53 PM..

Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I take it from the responses the eco thing most practice is just for their own benefit and not the environment?

There is a reason air pumps were installed and removed from vehicles, the solution to pollution is not dilution. The benefits are very short term and short lived.

Im just glad my real location is on the east coast, mid atlantic and inland.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Yah, because an all-powerful, totalitarian government would do SO much better at protecting the environment than them evil, greedy capitalists that people here are so quick to vilify.
Never said any different. Rule of thumb for large organizations... lowest common denominator behaviour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
No, that is only part of the "problem". People are greedy about reproduction, hence the population problem. Great, you had kids, why is that anyone elses problem, oh yah, cuz there are limited resources.
Funny thing... there are some studies that suggest humans, like rats, reproduce more in crowded, resource poor conditions.

Which basically means we're doomed. Not unless we find a way to edumacate all those people...

Old 01-10-2014, 01:04 AM   #37 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
Funny thing... there are some studies that suggest humans, like rats, reproduce more in crowded, resource poor conditions.

Which basically means we're doomed. Not unless we find a way to edumacate all those people...
No argument, and to look at the other side of the coin, we see income inequality as "those greedy rich people" while the ranks of the poor have been swelling reproductively, at a rate double everyone else at the lowest end.
http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ome-in-the-us/

in the us there are way more households making less than $10k/year (mostly white FWIW) so I would say, yah it stands to reason at the 50,000 foot level.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0705.pdf

poor people, in the us anyway do breed a lot faster, and now there are a lot more of them, skewing the stats about wealth inequality. Now the pope wants a war on poverty after telling everyone that they will go to hell if they use contraceptives?!?

Last edited by P-hack; 01-10-2014 at 01:32 AM..

Old 01-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #38 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
My personal response to it all is to find the things I can do to insulate myself somewhat from the mess ahead. I try to improve my diet and avoid stress....take whatever defensive measures possible. Find relatively positive things to do. Avoid politics...it's a mess and a sickness.

Those that will suffer the most are the youngest...who by the time they are old enough to be able to do something about things...will have been indoctrinated and abused to a point of no return.

Paul Craig Roberts: 2014 Will Bring More Social Collapse

In America today people with power are no longer accountable. This means citizens have become subjects, an indication of social collapse.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Old 01-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #39 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspectnumber961 View Post
Those that will suffer the most are the youngest...
It is hard to give birth to a 50 yr old.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #40 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Nuclear expert admits Fukushima reactors melted into the ground, contaminating hundreds of tons of groundwater daily

Fallout from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster from two and a half years ago continues to silently impact health and safety around the world. After explosions in four of the six reactors, three melted down into the ground, and there is no way to simply plug the dam.

The effects of this unprecedented disaster continue to play out in slow motion. But of course, what isn't seen remains little talked about in the media or among the public.

Recent accounts reveal that Japanese officials continue to refuse to publicly acknowledge the extent of the problem and are actively covering up the truth to hold together the appearance that everything is normal, and that all is well.

Meanwhile, a nuclear expert spotlighted the volume of radioactive materials - on the order of 300 tons of water per day - that continues to flow out from the melted down reactor cores at the power plant into the Pacific Ocean day in and day out, with no hope of slowing down, continually increasing global exposure since 2011.

The president and co-founder of the Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility, Gordon Edwards, discussed the extent of the continued contamination during a radio interview with The Green Majority on 89.5 FM in Toronto on December 6, 2013. Edwards holds a Ph.D. in mathematics and has served as a nuclear consultant and testified as a nuclear expert in Canadian courts.

Shockingly, Edwards stated, "There are about 300 tons of contaminated water every day going into the Pacific Ocean underground. That's because the cores of the reactors have melted into the ground, and now the groundwater is flowing underneath the reactors and it's washing that radioactive material out into the Pacific Ocean at the rate of 300 tons per day."

The real question to me is how much radiation is being accumulated in Pacific ocean fish? Radiation and other pollutants tend to concentrate more in animal flesh vs plants. Same for land animals. When humans consume meat...the pollutants are even more concentrated.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Closed Thread  Post New Thread