Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
I took a quick look at tire rack for your yaris. The tires you have are on larger rims than the standard 14 inch rims. Yours are probably optional and more of a high performance configuration than the base model.

I wouldn not want to mislead you on your choice, but one thing to consider would be a set of rims and tires for the Prius.

Another option would be something in the range of a 175-65-15 which would not be a performance tire.

Most of the hybrids have tire and wheel combinations more configured for mileage over performance.

Are you more interested in staying with the rims you have now?

If so I would look for a lower number instead of the 185, and a higher number instead of the 60, like a 65 or a 70. You want to stay close to the original diameter of the tires you now have. You could go for a slightly larger diameter but it would make your speedometer register lower.

If your Yaris is geared like my Echo about 2500 RPM at 60 Mph, if a manual you might consider a slightly larger diameter tire. You could also check your odometer using mile markers on the Interstate (if available) to see how close your speedometer reads to the real miles.

If it was off you could compensate by a slightly larger or smaller diameter tire.

regards
Mech

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread