Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
I'll just leave this here for the pop-top dreamers. I especially like the drill motor option. Great work guys, I can't wait to try my library for that book.

Roof Jenie | Custom Cylinders International Inc.
I don't know, it probably isn't THAT difficult to lob the end of a trailer roof with a hing into a slant.

I've thought of making a pickup truck camper that was hinged so it could angle down from the tow vehicle while driving but pop up enough for me to enter without extreme pain..

I would think the original poster could cut a wedge and hinge the rear section of his trailer that just boxes in the car for some gain, just have the pieces hinged so they can fold out or remove them altogether and use canvas.

Also as an added effect most of "those" kind of trailers have more than enough room in the roof to the point of being excessive anyway, so a permanent curve might be workable and have little or no effect on access.

Cheers
Ryan

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #42 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Brutus - '01 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually extended cab
Hey all. Paying lots of attention to all being said here. I have the VERY same issue. I have a 26' enclosed race trailer, only I have a 5spd Cummins dually and I run an American Iron racecar (same group, NASA). Pretty cool!

Same goal. Less diesel burned to get to and from the race courses.

So, is there an update on what happened here? Did the mods get completed? How did they do? I am very interested to do a Kamm back on mine.

I actually tried a plywood wing of sorts in my lame attempt at "throwing" the air up to the trailer as in a previous picture that I think Aerohead posted. It was inconclusive, but I didn't have a scangage at the time (one is on the way now though).

I"m getting a realistic 12.4 to 12.5 on most trips which I guess isn't terrible considering. I believe my trailer alone is about 5800lbs, seems to be built quite heavy. 2800 lb Camaro and gear + fuel, etc etc has to be 9 - 9500lbs I think.

Anyhow, would love to hear an update from you.

BTW - Road Atlanta is road course Heaven.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Great discussion
Old 11-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
PSmodder lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by botsapper View Post
aero mods on the trailer package. Must first address the truck fairing. There is a retractable hinged top to serve as a bow fairing. Many truck cab designs use this retracting fairing combination. To seal off as much gap between the trailer & fairing, there is another cone fairing/storage on the top front on the trailer. An adaptation of curved profile is added on top of the flat trailer top. And at the end there are hinged foldaway panels that extend the trailer for your on road long-tail configuration. Front & rear spats for the bogeys, and wheel covers compliment the whole package.

[/quote]

The Following User Says Thank You to botsapper For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-16-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread