Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
A: Prolonged cycling on a hard seat is thought to affect potency by injuring the pudendal arteries that supply blood to the penis.
A hard seat actually puts less pressure on the prostrate and other soft regions between the pelvis than a soft one, as explained in the two links I posted. A hard seat gives something for your pelvic bones to rest on. A soft seat distributes your weight evenly on both the bones and the soft tissues.

Also: not that I needed an excuse to have sex, but thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobAziza View Post
A hard seat actually puts less pressure on the prostrate and other soft regions between the pelvis than a soft one, as explained in the two links I posted. A hard seat gives something for your pelvic bones to rest on. A soft seat distributes your weight evenly on both the bones and the soft tissues.
Not in my experience, at least. The narrow hard seats put all the pressure on the soft tissues, not on the bones. They aren't even wide enough for the bones to make contact, and in addition most of the seat is well forward of where the bones are.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ex-lurker

Skeeter - '05 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 35.55 mpg (US)
Sounds like you need a new seat or a better position (not all butts/saddles are the same); try moving your seat forward. My rear end is always more sore after riding my hybrid with the big, soft, suspension seat than it is after a much longer time on my roadie with its tiny, hard seat.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
zjrog: that's a lot of bikes. I currently have 4 in working condition, most saved from the pound. And a little pile of parts bikes. I suspect when I'm a crazy old man I'll have a ridiculous heap of old bikes and multiple bike shaped projects on the go.
My neighbors thought I was nuts with bike stuff everywhere. I hung out at the local bike shop and lent a hand wrenching. Learned a lot about bikes that way. And since I gave bikes away, the shop often gave me parts and stuff. Not to mention, some mornings I'd leave for work and find bikes on my steps...

When I transferred from Hawaii to San Diego, I couldn't ride to work, too far and had to cross the bridge. No Joy. I did keep a bike on the ship, and when on deployment I got to ride lots of great places (and few not so great). Singapore is a great cycling city. Hong Kong, is just CRAZY! Pusan South Korea is only a bit better than Hong Kong. The area around Perth/Freemantle Australia is a BLAST! And the area around Hobart Tasmania is just too incredible to ever forget.

I've started to get back to my bikes a couple times. I keep telling myself I don't have time. But I probably do. And need to get a different dialogue going in my head. Need to actually pull put my Fisher...

Since my wife's most recent illness, there is no way we can ride 2 bikes. So, I am looking for an inexpensive tandem. I only intend to ride flat scenic stuff until either I'm stronger or she is up for more...

Of course, all my neighborhood kids bikes are in decent tune... (I really ought to get a trueing stand...)
Old 06-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #35 (permalink)
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
OK, but salvaging bikes, doing projects, or giving them away to kids is a hobby/charity. Not at all the same as going out and buying multiple bikes just to ride.
Please note, I rode almost every one of my own bikes... If I didn't, I gave it away, or hacked it into something else useful... The bikes I used on deployments were trash bikes. Not like I was going to risk my good ones...