Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Outsiders looking in.

I'd enjoy what BZP had to say about the trucker perspective via CB radio. Believe I recommended it to him the time we met. Clays CB Shop in SA on IH10 near the Petro. Clay and head tech Robert. Stopped off to see them last week when up there job hunting. Run the power cabling yourself, etc. A Wilson 5000 magnetic mount, but a permanent would've better.

Truck drivers are good for traffic and weather reports. Everyone uses mile markers to let you know where rain starts and stops for example. Good for sorting traffic strategy as a result. And plenty of those guys have an interest in FE. Have heard some good talks about the tenths on the quarterly fuel tax report. There will be some aholes, but the fact of vehicle age and total miles will get respect.

Truly great reception (no noise from vehicle electrical) and on the flats out west in Texas one can pick up oncoming ten miles out. And have long discussions with traffic in same direction. I had a pair of independents running hot radios pass me near Ozona while we were eastbound and was still listening to them twenty miles back as they climbed out of Junction and I was just descending into that river valley.

Truckers all understand FE. And old picks ups. Tell em you scaled it on a Cat Scale as part of your numerical baseline. And maybe you're running Centramatic Wheel Balancers. Cool running tires are another point of intersection. Etc.

I know that dashboard is crowded. One can rack mount from the interior roof behind pass seat and hang mike from retractable. Turn off and it is invisible. Antenna can be removed and mount is so low as to not be there. A separate speaker gives great audio fidelity.

I made this recommendation when we met, but it fits this thread.

Reddit was interesting going into 2006 elections, but never since.

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (05-03-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
George Carlin explained about 'average IQ'. Participation varies among the subreddits. I wouldn't expect much from /r/WTF.

https://www.reddit.com/subreddits/

there are ~6000 active out of 248,776 total:

https://www.reddit.com/r/YouShouldKn..._here_are_all/

/r/TIL is Today I Learned

/r/AMA is Ask Me Anything

/r/explainlikeimfive is ...uhh, Explain Like I'm Five

Edit: I searched on 'aerodynamics' and on page 2 I found where aerohead's T-100 made an appearance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sh*tty_Car_Mods/comments/1xr6yg/found_this_aerodynamic_masterpiece_in_denton/

The top rated comment was:
Quote:
TheStig30 54 points 11 months ago

The front looks like it takes styling cues from a Veyron.

Last edited by freebeard; 02-06-2015 at 10:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (05-03-2015)
Old 05-02-2015, 11:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Not banned yet

Blue - '03 Chevy S-10, LS
Priceless:
[–]BobNoel 2 points 2 months ago

An engineer once told me that cars are pretty aerodynamic, but the real drag is from the underside which no one ever streamlines. I don't know if it's true, but he was a pretty well educated guy.
--------------
[–]scarf-ace 9 points 2 months ago

College station, Texas. He actually lives very close to me. It is a college town, which specifies in engineering so he might be a professor trying to prove something.

The Following User Says Thank You to deejaaa For This Useful Post:
BamZipPow (05-03-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread