Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #51 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Except the HHO theory has already been proven. Using hydrogen/oxygen to enrich fuel has been done and proven to work.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
EcoModding Newbie

Parachute - '03 Chevrolet Tracker LX
90 day: 28.55 mpg (US)

Peon - '95 Plymouth Neon Highline baby!
90 day: 31.39 mpg (US)

Slocus Wagon - '06 Ford Focus SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
Even a 10k mile Versa for $10k with all the goodies is a better deal than that brand new $10000 stripper.
2008 NISSAN VERSA 6SPD LS
I wouldn't be caught dead in either but at least have a 6 speed transmission, AC, PS, power windows etc. There is absolutely no excuse for buying a brand new $10000 stripper unless you enjoy punishing yourself and getting laughed at.
I might laugh at you if you bought that car. At the end of the ad it says it has a salvage title... In some states you can't get insurance for it...
IF, you could find out exactly why it still might be a good deal, but for the average person, a new stripper Versa is probably a safer bet.

If all you care about is the drivetrain, why would you buy a used one with an unknown maintenance and abuse history, when you could get a new drivetrain for the same money? Plus you can put in a better radio if you like.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #53 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

CivySi - '03 honda civic SI
90 day: 31.99 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Maybe this would make more sense if explained in terms of the laws of psychology. In this case, bluntly stated "There's a sucker born every minute, and two to take him." Or "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I'm sure someone is planning to make money out of those "magnet motors" - just like they make money out of HHO kits, penis enlargement devices, Nigerian dictators needing help to move money abroad, and all the other scams that con men have come up with to separate suckers from their money.
sure, only I'm not out to sell anything. I'm not building one nor selling one and I'm not recomending people spend time and money trying to build or sell one. There are some people who do. if they are proven wrong then thats for them to deal with.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #54 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomous View Post
sure, only I'm not out to sell anything. I'm not building one nor selling one and I'm not recomending people spend time and money trying to build or sell one. There are some people who do. if they are proven wrong then thats for them to deal with.
Sure. I wasn't saying I thought you were in the "two to take him" group :-)

I think the problem shows up back in one of your earlier posts, where you write "I belive magnetic field's and permanent magnets will be rewriting the "laws" of physics...". If you go around believing things, you're going to get taken. Do the math, think about the science, and insist on a practical demonstration before you invest.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #55 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:

I think the problem shows up back in one of your earlier posts, where you write "I belive magnetic field's and permanent magnets will be rewriting the "laws" of physics...". If you go around believing things, you're going to get taken. Do the math, think about the science, and insist on a practical demonstration before you invest.
Not to mention, it makes it even harder for those selling a legitimate product. When you start to get people believing the fantastic - when it comes down to practical reality, even when otherwise impressive, it's nothing special.

Much like green washing, promises of revolutionary concept cars, etc.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #56 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

CivySi - '03 honda civic SI
90 day: 31.99 mpg (US)
Quote:

I dont intend to be on the sucker side either. but, you have a permanent magnetic field with no current movement or physical movement. doesnt THAT violate the same laws of physics? if you have electron flow you have a magnetic field, but you can have a magnetic field with no electron flow.... doesnt seem to folow.