Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yeah For a long time after either of those incidents I would intentionally cause problems for them if I knew I could get away with it.

But lately I've acted on the knowledge that most of them are probably not scum, that are power abusers.

I'm pretty good friends with the cops in cookeville. They instructed alot of us on how to get around Concealed Carry bans. In TN its illegal to carry on a college campus(which there is legislation to change that so CC permits are allowed to), but the phrasing they use allows a loophole. two actually. If you have a permit for a class you are attending that requires it(marksmanship, handgun safety, and firearms for personal defence) you can carry the ammo on your person not in the gun, and the gun at the same time for 1 hour on either side of the course. I know the professor and he believes in CCW so he hands those out to anyone who attends his courses.

The other is more difficult. Its the phrase "With the Intent to go armed." long-short as long as I don't carry the bullets I can carry the gun. but my class mate can carry my bullets and I can carry his. It involves loaning out one or two of your magazines but thats worth it in my opinion.

Since I've had run ins(in the firearms defence course) with the police here I'm only inclined to believe its specific officers and then request a state trooper to attend when I get a ticket or another officer. Getting two bad officers is not as likely as one. And the other might not have the same court date and then I can get an uncontested case. Unless I broke the law then I pay the fine as demanded and take a hit. Otherwise, if its something bogus like the light incident they will not stick me with that crap again(killswitch for each light so I can shut the set that don't work off to avoid it).

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread