Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #41 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Cobb is saying that revenge calls are placed, with full knowledge they won't result in any "business" dealings. The whole thing is not only a scam, it's a game.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
Cobb (06-20-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #42 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Cobb is saying that revenge calls are placed, with full knowledge they won't result in any "business" dealings. The whole thing is not only a scam, it's a game.
That's known as harassment. Yes, I know they can do it because they have a budget to make unlimited calls and the owners of the business don't care if the reps engage in retributive harassment.

Play tit-for-tat and make the game unpleasant: If you keep calling me after I told you not to, you will be subjected to the unpleasant experience of being yelled at.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

If thats the case, Id drop yo azz faster than you can say, "SLAM A LAMB A DING DONG!!!". Ill then reschedule you to call earlier in the day to speak to the "women" of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
If you were ever to call me I would have a few well chosen words for you.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

About what? Being the caller or telemarketer?

If you are being called, ask to be removed, you are not interested.
If you are placing the call, if it doesnt make dollars, it doesnt make sense. Disconnect and call earlier in the day. If they are a real azzhole use it as a filler to check your phone, place on hold to use rest room, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Cobb: suggestions?
Old 06-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
That's known as harassment. Yes, I know they can do it because they have a budget to make unlimited calls and the owners of the business don't care if the reps engage in retributive harassment.

Play tit-for-tat and make the game unpleasant: If you keep calling me after I told you not to, you will be subjected to the unpleasant experience of being yelled at.
Who's playing who. I suspect there was little love lost between Cobb and his colleagues. If he could make someone yell at them, why not?
EDIT (Hi Cobb, you answered it first, this relevant or no?)

If I'm not in the mood I just say "Ï want none of this. Goodbye." and if the other end does not close the call (they seldom do) it is "This conversation ends now" and click.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Cobb , will Law suit threats cause the telemarketer to cease phoning the number again or does the company ignore such threats/ declarations ?

The Following User Says Thank You to ecomodded For This Useful Post:
Cobb (06-20-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Grey Goose (Retired) - '89 Geo Metro LSI 4 door hatch back
Last 3: 57.16 mpg (US)

Tweety - '91 Geo Metro Convertible -2 Door convertible LSI
Team Metro
90 day: 43.97 mpg (US)

Shadow - '02 Honda Shadow VT1100
90 day: 43.46 mpg (US)

Sonic - '07 Honda CBR1000RR
90 day: 42.69 mpg (US)

Filmore - '84 Volkswagen Vanagon
90 day: 20.9 mpg (US)
I keep getting calls for a Soielia Williams who apparently applied for a pay day loan with my cell phone number as a contact. I can't count how many different pay day lenders all across the country (world?) have called hoping to sell me an easy but expensive loan.
I have fun with them, sometimes. I yell at them sometimes. I occasionally get someone polite enough to remove me from their list and even promise to not share the number anymore with their industry. It got quiet for about a year but I have had some new activity lately.
The Following User Says Thank You to doviatt For This Useful Post:
Cobb (06-20-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The only job worse than telemarketing is collections. Either job follows the law. Those who produce become above the Standard Operating Procedures and are over looked as they are making money. If telemarketing didnt work, no one would do it. We dont worry about lawsuits, you cant find me, just the company.

Besides, who has mo money and who would a lawyer be willing to help you make you case against?

These jobs you are basically chained to a desk on the phone all day, evening or night depending on time zone located in or calling. You got to make x number of calls, x number of leads, transfers, referrals, sales, etc. You also got to run the clock out to the break, lunch or end of your shift. Who wants to get a new call a minute before you shift ends? You use the annoyed, pissed up people to fill those grooves.

I love angry customers as I use it as a break from the daily grind. I use it to hit mute to talk to a co worker, check my personal cell phone or eat a snack. I can lead a customer on for an hour or end the call in a few seconds. You think anyone in their right mind would knowingly call a pissed off person or sit there and take?
Old 06-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
If thats the case, Id drop yo azz faster than you can say, "SLAM A LAMB A DING DONG!!!". Ill then reschedule you to call earlier in the day to speak to the "women" of the house.
My phone is a dedicated number. No one answers my phone number but ME. If you were to call me again you would have to deal with me again. I'd tell you a few things you would not find pleasant.

(BTW, what's with the shuck & jive lingo? Do you think that will impress anyone here?)
Old 06-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #50 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
The only job worse than telemarketing is collections. Either job follows the law. Those who produce become above the Standard Operating Procedures and are over looked as they are making money. If telemarketing didnt work, no one would do it. We dont worry about lawsuits, you cant find me, just the company.
You previously admitted that reps (including yourself?) can and do engage in retributive harassment. Is that following the law?

Quote:
Besides, who has mo money and who would a lawyer be willing to help you make you case against?
I don't need a lawyer to tell you to go F yourself.
Quote:
These jobs you are basically chained to a desk on the phone all day, evening or night depending on time zone located in or calling. You got to make x number of calls, x number of leads, transfers, referrals, sales, etc. You also got to run the clock out to the break, lunch or end of your shift. Who wants to get a new call a minute before you shift ends? You use the annoyed, pissed up people to fill those grooves.
Tell us again that your retributive harassment of those who don't want to be annoyed by you is "following the law".

You tell us some jive talk that you are "chained to a desk".

Slavery in America was abolished about 150 years ago. You are not "chained to a desk." If you are mentally chained to a desk, then you have a mental problem.

Quote:
I love angry customers as I use it as a break from the daily grind. I use it to hit mute to talk to a co worker, check my personal cell phone or eat a snack. I can lead a customer on for an hour or end the call in a few seconds. You think anyone in their right mind would knowingly call a pissed off person or sit there and take?
From your use of the present tense, it sounds like you are still in telemarketing. Even if you aren't, you are defending it and you still have that mindset.

We know you from the words you choose.

Reply  Post New Thread