Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Growin a stash
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 527
Thanks: 284
Thanked 180 Times in 134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Put them through a wood chipper?
Hilarious. But imagine somebody with bad English reading this comment. What are they gonna think?

__________________


2015 Nissan Leaf S, 164 mpge
  Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 09-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Newb
 
redpoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,283

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 28.39 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 28.88 mpg (US)
Thanks: 2,093
Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,695 Posts
Well, he did follow up that joke with "Can you like individual people and still oppose mass movements of them?". Putting a person in a wood chipper would be opposite of liking the individual... though I suppose a very large chipper could be constructed to handle the mass movements.
__________________
Gas and Electric Vehicle Cost of Ownership Calculator







Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Not Doug
 
Xist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Show Low, AZ
Posts: 7,970

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 37.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 5,080
Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,125 Posts
People complain about tax loopholes. Do those benefit any of us?
People complain about boomstick loopholes. Do those benefit anyone?

Politicians always talk about closing loopholes, but it seems like it never happens. Why not?

Excuse me if you have read these anecdotes before, but when I joined the Army I always referred to a specific group as "African American," but they convinced me to call them black. I came home and went back to school where a friend referred to a classmate as "really tan."

I asked "The black girl?"

He paused and uncomfortably responded "Yeah."

I do not want to offend anyone, but if the people offended by me calling blacks blacks are whites, I do not care.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 13,495
Thanks: 3,283
Thanked 4,488 Times in 3,574 Posts
Quote:
Hilarious. But imagine somebody with bad English reading this comment. What are they gonna think?
Please don't be offended on All Darc's behalf.

He may understand that I was trying to be helpful. You should see his opinions on meat substitutes.
__________________
.
Haiku are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

_________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #25 (permalink)
Redneck Ecomodder
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 343

Dent-Mobile - '99 Buick Lesabre
90 day: 22.68 mpg (US)

Red Rocket - '92 Geo Metro Base
Thanks: 7
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
People complain about tax loopholes. Do those benefit any of us?
People complain about boomstick loopholes. Do those benefit anyone?

Politicians always talk about closing loopholes, but it seems like it never happens. Why not?

Excuse me if you have read these anecdotes before, but when I joined the Army I always referred to a specific group as "African American," but they convinced me to call them black. I came home and went back to school where a friend referred to a classmate as "really tan."

I asked "The black girl?"

He paused and uncomfortably responded "Yeah."

I do not want to offend anyone, but if the people offended by me calling blacks blacks are whites, I do not care.
No matter what you do these days, someone will be offended. The key is to be respectful and not really care if someone is offended by the truth.

Also here to say, anyone who wants to take my guns away, legal or otherwise, better be ready to kill me over them. Or in other words, send bachelors and come heavily armed.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Newb
 
redpoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,283

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 28.39 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 28.88 mpg (US)
Thanks: 2,093
Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,695 Posts
Well, taking guns away is a dumb idea from the beginning, because anyone surrendering them would be considered law abiding. You know, the people that wouldn't go on a shooting spree in the first place.
__________________
Gas and Electric Vehicle Cost of Ownership Calculator







Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-06-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Not Doug
 
Xist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Show Low, AZ
Posts: 7,970

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 37.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 5,080
Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneajanderson View Post
Also here to say, anyone who wants to take my guns away, legal or otherwise, better be ready to kill me over them. Or in other words, send bachelors and come heavily armed.
"Next on The Bachelor, which of these hot young men will live to take away Shane A Janderson's guns?! Stay tuned!"

People would watch!
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (09-06-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Redneck Ecomodder
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 343

Dent-Mobile - '99 Buick Lesabre
90 day: 22.68 mpg (US)

Red Rocket - '92 Geo Metro Base
Thanks: 7
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
"Next on The Bachelor, which of these hot young men will live to take away Shane A Janderson's guns?! Stay tuned!"

People would watch!
I was quoting one of the Oregon legislators that Gov. Brown threatened to have drug back to the capital by force to vote on some ridiculous climate alarmism. Redpoint should have heard of that at least?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Newb
 
redpoint5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,283

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 28.39 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 28.88 mpg (US)
Thanks: 2,093
Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,695 Posts
I don't follow news or social media. This is my only source for information related to the news, and some random trivia nights at the pub that always have current events questions.
__________________
Gas and Electric Vehicle Cost of Ownership Calculator







Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Redneck Ecomodder
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 343

Dent-Mobile - '99 Buick Lesabre
90 day: 22.68 mpg (US)

Red Rocket - '92 Geo Metro Base
Thanks: 7
Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I don't follow news or social media. This is my only source for information related to the news, and some random trivia nights at the pub that always have current events questions.
Gotcha, that may not be a bad policy. Your governor threatened to arrest some republican legislators that left the capital to prevent a vote, and one of them, I don't remember the name, said he would resist with force, and that they better "Send bachelors and come heavily armed."

__________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com