Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #91 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
MAN kind...and WOE-man kind?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #92 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Cats! Dogs! Klingons! Canadians!
Save the whales! Save the baby seals! Save the Children! Save the Planet! Save the Universe! God save the King! (oops, wrong century.) Collect them all and win prizes!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:04 AM   #93 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Save the whales! Save the baby seals! Save the Children! Save the Planet! Save the Universe! God save the King! (oops, wrong century.) Collect them all and win prizes!
Gotta catch them all!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #94 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Cool

Funny no one on the other side of the camera than I have posted? No one here works in inventory control, store security, shrinkage, audit, performance management, etc?

My day job was to play recorded calls with screens of telephone employees at a bank. I got to hear all calls and see the screens. For the most part it was luck of the draw. I picked 2 calls around 5 minutes for every employee on my list every week. If they had no calls, I skipped, but made a note. If they had just a 30 minute call I had to listen to it. If the call was in another language, I skipped it. If they had no calls for weeks I checked to see if they were sick, terminated or had technical issues.

If the person was rude or treated a customer badly we listened to an extra call. This was to see if it was a pattern or maybe a bad moment.

I caught employees putting customers on hold to order food, call boy/girl friends, schedule vacation, manage up to 6 instant message conversations.

In my private life I have a game camera which hunters use to setup in the woods and a few wireless ip cameras on my home network. Its fun to watch animals when they think no one is around. In many cases the moment you leave rather its in a car or go inside your home, they come out and investigate.

Just this morning I watched as my neighbors put out their garbage one by one and walked back into their homes.A squirrel and a dog would come and go from the ditch bank to each garbage can.

One day I notice an suv circle the neighborhood several times. If it was night time I would just shine my spot lighter at them and that would be the end of it. Well, since it was day time I positioned the game camera on a stand in the middle of our driveway so its highly visible to send them a message.

I almost pee-ed in my pants at what took place. The 5 people that live next to me on either side and a cross the street came over to the driveway to look at what i had put out there. Several people I have never seen before took their dog for a walk and happen to stand in my driveway to look at the thing I placed there.

THe suv made another swing through the area, slowed as they saw what I had setup and that was the last we saw of him.

FYI, you want an excuse to scope out your neighbors, get a dog and takem for a walk in that direction. 2nd best thing, take your kid for a walk on their toy.

Considering the 5 neighbors appears out of nowhere suggests they were all watching me?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #95 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
Nosey-ness begets nosey-ness.
The Following User Says Thank You to gone-ot For This Useful Post:
XYZ (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #96 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
Nosey-ness begets nosey-ness.
That's putting it in few words, and very diplomatically.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #97 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Funny no one on the other side of the camera than I have posted? No one here works in inventory control, store security, shrinkage, audit, performance management, etc?

My day job was to play recorded calls with screens of telephone employees at a bank. I got to hear all calls and see the screens. For the most part it was luck of the draw. I picked 2 calls around 5 minutes for every employee on my list every week. If they had no calls, I skipped, but made a note. If they had just a 30 minute call I had to listen to it. If the call was in another language, I skipped it. If they had no calls for weeks I checked to see if they were sick, terminated or had technical issues.

If the person was rude or treated a customer badly we listened to an extra call. This was to see if it was a pattern or maybe a bad moment.

I caught employees putting customers on hold to order food, call boy/girl friends, schedule vacation, manage up to 6 instant message conversations.

In my private life I have a game camera which hunters use to setup in the woods and a few wireless ip cameras on my home network. Its fun to watch animals when they think no one is around. In many cases the moment you leave rather its in a car or go inside your home, they come out and investigate.

Just this morning I watched as my neighbors put out their garbage one by one and walked back into their homes.A squirrel and a dog would come and go from the ditch bank to each garbage can.

One day I notice an suv circle the neighborhood several times. If it was night time I would just shine my spot lighter at them and that would be the end of it. Well, since it was day time I positioned the game camera on a stand in the middle of our driveway so its highly visible to send them a message.

I almost pee-ed in my pants at what took place. The 5 people that live next to me on either side and a cross the street came over to the driveway to look at what i had put out there. Several people I have never seen before took their dog for a walk and happen to stand in my driveway to look at the thing I placed there.

THe suv made another swing through the area, slowed as they saw what I had setup and that was the last we saw of him.

FYI, you want an excuse to scope out your neighbors, get a dog and takem for a walk in that direction. 2nd best thing, take your kid for a walk on their toy.

Considering the 5 neighbors appears out of nowhere suggests they were all watching me?

I'm really glad I am not you neighbor.

Your post says a lot about you.

Now I will quote myself from a previous post:

Quote:
Such skills can be use for good or for ill purposes. Be careful of how and when you use them.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #98 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yeah, someone said Im like the father on meet the flockers movie.

Again, if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry over. When I came to the audit dept I was drugged under the bus twice. I learned real fast and soon discovered how to protect myself and the art of dragging others under the bus.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #99 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, someone said Im like the father on meet the flockers movie.

Again, if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry over. When I came to the audit dept I was drugged under the bus twice. I learned real fast and soon discovered how to protect myself and the art of dragging others under the bus.
You like to play, and it seems you are here to play us.

You said you were "drugged under the bus twice". Tell us how "dragging others under the bus" protects you now.

"Dragging others under the bus" is neither an art, nor a sport.

Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #100 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Again, if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry over.
Yah, because criticizing the government in a legal manner, is doing something wrong. Because gathering in an establishment to associate with people that some people don't like, is doing something wrong.

Don't Get Too Comfortable—Nationwide License Plate Tracking Will Be Back - Popular Mechanics

Quote:
These are not just abstract fears of abuse. As the Washington Post reports, abuse is already happening. In Washington, DC, one patrolman kept track of license plates outside a gay bar, then tried to extort the car owners. In Edmonton, Canada, the abuse was higher-level: "Edmonton officials admitted in 2005 that authorities had improperly used police computer systems to gather information on a Canadian newspaper columnist and the former head of the city's police commission, both of whom had been critics of the police department. The two became targets of a failed drunk-driving sting targeting them, according to an official review of the operation."

This stuff is bad enough at a local-government level, but at least you could move. If the federal government—already accused of abusing IRS power to stifle critics, and still reeling from the revelations of the NSA spying on citizens—were to abuse this sort of information, it would be much, much worse. That's why people were worried when news broke of a potential nationwide license plate tracking system.

Reply  Post New Thread