Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hybrids
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #111 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hi Smurf,

Yes it has taken much of my time getting to where I am at currently. I have settled in now though on a path and I am feeling really good about it actually. I think its gong to work out all right.

Google Sketchup no I have not tried it yet but I think its pretty cool for a free modeling design program. So far I am stuck to the pad and paper. My hopes are that I can make good enough drawings on paper and then have a professional CAD designer do up the cool 3D modeling to bring it to life. I would love to someday learn Sketchup or a similar program but right now I have more than enough on my plate getting this thing designed and built. If these next 6 months are good to me and I can make real good progress then I may take a class or two at the local community college and see what I can learn or pick up a book or two on the subject.

Thanks Smurf for your suggestions I also tend to think it would be helpful to get some cool 3D drawings going :-)

GH..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #112 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
So far to my knowledge the only cars I know of that falls into this elite category verified is the Opel Eco Speedster and the EVX GT.
The Opel Eco Speedster is still among my favorite cars ever. Too bad a Diesel engine option wasn't available to the regular street-legal Speedster...
Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #113 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ya the Eco Speedster is one of my all time favorites also. Hey CR do they offer the Speedster in South America?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #114 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
Ya the Eco Speedster is one of my all time favorites also. Hey CR do they offer the Speedster in South America?
They never offered the Speedster back here, I haven't seen any register about Speedsters eventually brought to South America not even in the French Guyana.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #115 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I think that the 1.4 Liter TDI used in the older Polo cars or the 1.2L used in the Lupo would be a good engine for a comparable eco speedster vehicle. This is my idea for the GT3 model. I have a friend who is local in my city who imports the 1.4 Liter TDI often and sometimes can get the 1.2 liter. They are new and cost around $4,200. So I will have to save up my pennies LOL!

My thought is get the platform build and worked out with a used inexpensive 1.9L then adapt it to the more fuel efficient 1.4 Liter and or 1.2L TDI engines.

I definitely share your enthusiasm for the Eco Speedster ever since I saw it I was hooked. I would like to implement some of its design cues such as front window rake and interior simplicity. Fuse this with the VW Type 64 small frontal area and grill block,front and rear wheel covers and rear tapering rounded body design and we got a game changing platform in my book. I bet we could get the Cd down to .14 or better with these design elements.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #116 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Quote:
I think that the 1.4 Liter TDI used in the older Polo cars or the 1.2L used in the Lupo would be a good engine for a comparable eco speedster vehicle. This is my idea for the GT3 model. I have a friend who is local in my city who imports the 1.4 Liter TDI often and sometimes can get the 1.2 liter. They are new and cost around $4,200. So I will have to save up my pennies LOL!

My thought is get the platform build and worked out with a used inexpensive 1.9L then adapt it to the more fuel efficient 1.4 Liter and or 1.2L TDI engines.
The 1.4L is basically a 1.9L with one less cylinder...
Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #117 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Well I got a new high def Camera the other day still playing with it and trying to get it all figured out. So soon I will have some parts pics to post. As the parts are starting to pile up

GH..
Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #118 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I finally figured out the camera LOL :-) So you know what that means! yep pics

Finally figured out how to get the 1.4L TDI engine into the US so the GT3 TDI will happen. The 1.4L and 1.9L share the same bolt pattern also which means I only have to make 1 transmission adapter

I started a photobucket for the 1.4L engine which will include a full rebuild as time goes along = greenhornet1212's Library | Photobucket

GH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford 8.8 differential #1a.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	13928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford 8.8 differential #2a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	13929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford 8.8 differential #3a.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	13930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford 8.8 differential #4a.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	13931  
Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #119 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Nice.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #120 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hey CR,

How is Brazil my friend? When I ever finish this car I am gonna have to bring it down so you can take it for a spin Since we both share the same enthusiasm for the Opel Eco-Speedster I am building the Tigon GT3 to not only rival it but in a way update it as well.

Only 3 Opel Eco-Speedsters were ever built and sadly they most likely will never be sold. So instead of crying a river for the rest of my natural life I will build my own rendition One that others may enjoy as well and will be able to build if they so choose!

GH

Reply  Post New Thread