Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

CVTCivic - '17 Honda Civic 4D Touring Sedan
90 day: 39.16 mpg (US)
To bad, that would have been so nice to have a reliable number how empty my fuel tank is.

Anyway so these two (green ones) are the only helpful ones when hypermiling right?

I mean I can observe them and keep them low or I can set a maximum value, so that the app will give a warning signal when putting too much pressure on the gas pedal right?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210705_224358.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	30978  

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVTCivic View Post
To bad, that would have been so nice to have a reliable number how empty my fuel tank is.

Anyway so these two (green ones) are the only helpful ones when hypermiling right?

I mean I can observe them and keep them low or I can set a maximum value, so that the app will give a warning signal when putting too much pressure on the gas pedal right?

It's possible to create a custom PIDs which can display the real air fuel ratio, if you don't have access to that number already. Generally it's best to accelerate just shy of fuel enrichment.

EDIT: In most vehicles, the fuel remaining in tank is not pulled from a sensor, but is instead an estimate based on your fuel economy (estimated) subtracted from the last time you reset the tank tracker to full.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Aveo - '12 Chev Aveo LS
How accurate is the torque app? Im running the free version just to check trip average and instant fuel consumptions.

So i usually coast in neutral with engine on down hills and to a traffic stop/light. the instant fuel consumption skyrockets but the average barely goes up, however yesterday on my trip home from work, i decided to coast in gear down hills, the instant fuel consumption went up but nowhere near as high as usual however the average went up faster than normal and i got my best average consumption while using the app. I have read that on modern fuel injection engines, the injectors shut off when coasting in gear, could this be the reason, i use more fuel coasting in neutral than i do when in gear.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,111 Times in 980 Posts
The app is just reading sensor data from the bus. It is as accurate as those sensors are, BUT you can apply external translation formulae in the PID. You could define fuel flow as volts if you wished.

CALI required the injectors to not fire on engine on coast in 2000 and apparently everyone copied that for 50 state compliance