Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
If the engine is off, it is because the injectors are not firing. But i am not sure i completely understand the question.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Liberty Lover

pris prius - '12 Toyota plug in prius
90 day: 71.09 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
If the engine is off, it is because the injectors are not firing. But i am not sure i completely understand the question.
I turned the engine off with the key, switched the key right back on, and used a bump to restart the engine. Even though the key was back on, the ultragauge did not show any mpg information while engine off coasting, and I question the results for that reason.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
I turned the engine off with the key, switched the key right back on, and used a bump to restart the engine. Even though the key was back on, the ultragauge did not show any mpg information while engine off coasting, and I question the results for that reason.
Ah. Okay. My UG sometimes reads "err" where the MPG numbers should be after I click the injector cutoff switch and EOC. But when I restart the engine the numbers come back and then update a second later in a way that suggests the UG was still tracking the data, but that the display got messed-up some by the cutoff. I have been driving everyday for three years like that and generally, my UG shows about what the pump/odometer calculation shows when I refill the tank. Fuel deceleration cutoff with the engine on is another matter. I have only just begun extensively playing with that myself...
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Liberty Lover

pris prius - '12 Toyota plug in prius
90 day: 71.09 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I have been driving everyday for three years like that and generally, my UG shows about what the pump/odometer calculation shows when I refill the tank.
That is encouraging. I am confident of DFCO as I have using it extensively on trips and the ultragauge has matched the calculations from fillups. However the fillup last night after using engine off coasting for the first time did not match. Either the pump is way off, which is possible as it was pumping very fast, and is going to be inspected by the end of the week, or else the injectors not only didn't go off but increased.

If the latter is the case, then I'm going to stick with P&D or engine on coasting, as the mpg result would have been much the same, and been accurate. I will know the pump results in a couple of days.

Reply  Post New Thread